Slow Commands and Delayed Responses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Commands and Delayed Responses

Celeste is hearing me, but it's taking her between one and 5 seconds to actually respond and then between 10 and 12 seconds to actually finish a command. I timed this using the starport services window in elite and from the time she responded with "Starport Services" to the time the screen actually was clicked it was 12 seconds. Do i need to reinstall Voice Attack? I have already reinstalled both celeste and the plugins 2 or 3 times, i finally got voice attack to load the profile for elite after some wrangling but the delay is so long it's more or less made Voice Attack unusable. Is there a fix for this issue? Any help is very much appreciated!!!

nevermind, with a little determination i figured it out. I was trying to send commands directly to the client instead of using the active window. Oooops.

Comment

OMG I was stuck with this problem for a WEEK! I was going out of my mind, thanks so much for posting how you fixed it. I googled everywhere and kept reading post after post about resetting the speech profile, was so frustrated until I found this gem. You should get a big warning if you have this set incorrectly!

Comment

Thing is, some people like having it set to "specific application" because they tend to be multi taskers/dual screening, so when they give the voice command, it goes to the correct app.

*shrugs* Nothing is perfect.
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Gangrel - The problem is that I had set it to the ELITE Dangerous game client. I'm not sure if it is something unique to my system, there are a lot of variables, but I would strongly advise that when you have the spare time - go ahead and test this trying it as setting it to the running client. If it runs really slow (slow enough to ruin the experience) then you should consider at least putting up a warning saying that this may cause a slow response. People could be losing out to an amazing experience that you are providing, and uninstalling. I did read a post on steam where someone uninstalled because it was too slow. I personally was getting ready to uninstall the software because it just was unplayable, and all the posts except this gem here were talking about resetting the speech profile which was not of any help.

Comment

The resetting of the speech profile was due to an older issue, where after a period of time, voice attack/the profile (still not sure as to which) would stop responding to any commands given, and then suddenly merge all the speech into one big sentence (even if it was several phrases).

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
            2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
            3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
            4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
            WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
            X