VA Crashing after update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Crashing after update.

Hi, I was recently prompted to upgrade my Leo installation. Isn't the first time I've done this but followed the instructions anyway. Now however VA seems to be randomly crashing. Unfortunately I play in the Oculas Rift and am not able to really monitor the VA window so can't give you any feedback on what's going. I just try to talk to Leo and he's gone so I check the desktop and VA has vanished. Was stable before the upgrade.

Any help you can suggest would be great.

Thi is a case where I would suggest that playing ED on a normal monitor helps a load. Because that feedback from the VA window is what we would need. The start up messages from the VA window everything up to the "waiting for you to log into elite" message is required.

I haven't heard of anything *specific* with out plugin that is causing crashes, however with any other VA plugins that you might be running there could be potential issues (EDDI for example)
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Ah, I can get the messages up until the login point. It's just that while in the game I can't see VA so can't see what it's doing immediately prior to a crash. The Elite plugin is the only plugin I have. I'll get a ss and report back.

Comment

That's is why I would suggest running ED in a window instead of via the headset. There is definitely something going on, but as to *what* is causing it though...

Comment

Here's the ss
          Click image for larger version

Name:	vacrash.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24973

Comment

OK. I would ask that you play *without* using your headset for a period of time, just so that you can take note of what you had to do to trigger the VA crash. Honestly, I use VA all the time, and I have yet to have Voice Attack crash with the plugin.

Any other information that you can give woutd be greatly appreciated. It could potentially not be a plugin issue, and something else, or it could be an edge case with the plugin. Anything that you can tell us about helping to replicate the issue would be useful

Comment

After running ED in a window VC still crashes. It does this after a variable amount of time. I tried it a few sessions and I couldn't find anything that repeatably triggered it. One time it happened on the ED Options screen. This was before I had connected to my ship. in all cases it never lasted more than a few minutes. When it was connected I tired a bunch of commands like diagnostics and panel switching commands which it would execute without problem. I tried fullscreen and windowed mode with no particular effect on the time that it crashed out.

I have win1064, a 980 ti, Saitek Rhino, a G-sync monitor, a rift, a logitech headset, a logitec webcam, corsire keyboard and ROC mouse. All drivers for the hardware are current versions but the only changes made recently were the update to ED however, I did play the new version of ED successfully with VC and LEO prior to the LEO update.

I started VC prior to starting ED and in admin mode.

Never had any problems with LEO or VC before and have deployed numerous updates to both over the years.

Are there any logging settings I can switch no to get some kind of error report out of VC that might indicate what it is causing it to crash. On restarting VC it pops up a window saying that it had spotted the crash and asking if I would like to change it's setup. So far I haven't done this.

Thanks

Comment

You can find the the crash file ( VoiceAttackFault.txt ) file in your installation directory

Comment

Unfortunately that file is not present. Do I need to switch on crash reporting or did it crash before getting a chance to write the file?

Comment

There is an option to enable crash reporting?

I am saying this because I cannot find it as an option to enable, which means that chances are it failed to get written to. The other place that it could be located is in the appsdata location. ((c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\voiceattack ))

Comment

Working...
                    X