Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleo really not saying very much

Hi.

Wasn't sure where to post this so I guess Tech Support drew the short straw.

I've been playing Elite for two years and finally decided to get hold of Voice Attack and the Cleo voice pack, just a week ago.

Couple of days of using a lapel mic and my loudspeakers was so unsatisfactory - Cleo would respond to her own responses coming through the loudspeaker - that I bit the bullet and bought a headset. I don't like using headsets, but VA seems to work properly through it, sooo......okay.

My problem/gripe is that Cleo doesn't seem to say very much apart from her command responses and acknowledgements. I've set 'Invoke Mode On' with all Invoke Questions set to 'On' but not once has Cleo asked me if I want the landing gear deployed or to clear the area or anything. I've set 'Interaction Mode On', in case that has to be set as well, but still no Invoke Questions, small talk or any unprompted remarks or comments. Just command acknowledgements and associated responses.

Am I doing something wrong or is Cleo just not very talkative ?

I'd originally planned to buy one or two more voice packs to build up a Crew Roster, but I have to say that I'm very wary of doing that now.

Overall, I have to say I'm a tad disappointed. I hope I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

If you look in the customiser (say "Protocol Override, Customise my settings" to access this) and look in the "Invoke Questions" category, you can set as to how often they will trigger, and what not (and how often it should trigger if enabled)

So with a frequency set to 1, it should trigger every single time it is available to ask )
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the prompt reply. I left the timings as they were, but I'll experiment with them later tonight when I login to ED.

Another question. Or two. What exactly are 'Interaction Mode' and 'Chit-Chat' as mentioned in the Customiser\Extra Content window?

I use a Saitek X52 HOTAS. What is the effect of selecting that in the KeyBind Creator? I haven't done that but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some functionality.

TIA

Comment

Interaction mode: After you give a command, there is a chance that they will pipe up just asking a non related question (ie not to do with docking if it was a docking command).
        Chit-Chat: Just those "flavour" responses to random lines

Controller: Choosing that as the baseline means that in the keybind creator it would use the default Elite Dangerous X52 binds setup (so both joystick and keyboard values) and only fill in the stuff for keyboard presses where there isn't one for a command.

Side Note: Believe it or not, Frontier uses different keyboard presses for the same action in different control scheme, so they are not consistent with themselves...

Comment

T'riffic, thanks for the replies.

I think I'll leave the bindings as they are for the moment, everything that I need in VA seems to work, so if it ain't broke.......

Your explanation of Interaction Mode and Chit-Chat are what I thought they were, so I guess I'm back to my original topic........Cleo really doesn't seem to say much.

I haven't had a really long session on ED since I installed all this, so I'm going on the basis that Cleo and I don't really know each other all that well yet and that's why she's so quiet.

I'll settle down for one of those six- or eight-hour ED sessions tomorrow, probably, so we can get acquainted properly.

Probably won't be able to shut her up then.

Thanks again for the help and I have to add that some of the things Cleo has said have made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Hi.

Much better after a couple of days extended play. Lots of chat and many varied responses.

However, the 'Invoke Mode' still isn't working. Not once have I been asked any of the 'Invoke' questions.

I'm at a loss, so I'm attaching a screenshot of the 'Invoke Commands' settings.

Really grateful for any help you can give me with this. I'm on the verge of buying another voice pack but a bit wary until this is working.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Cleo doesn't have any invoke questions I'm afraid as the feature was added later. She will at some point return to the studio to record fresh content and they will be added then.
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Rii-iight.

I gotta admit, I was beginning to come to that conclusion. It seemed like the only explanation. And would there be a time-scale on that? A month? Six months? Don't hold your breath?

If and when that happens, will it be free content or premium or is it that far off that it's not really an issue, yet?

How about Minus (Paul Darrow)? Is that voice-pack 'fully featured', to coin a phrase?

Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

All updates to existing packs are for the foreseeable future will be free.

In terms of "when will they happen?" No ETA. And that is purely a scheduling thing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

And the Minus voicepack? Does that one include the Invoke questions?

Comment

Working...
                    X