Sound Delay emerging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Delay emerging

I installed the latest HCS Plugins and Singularity profile, and recently (on the 3rd of November) got a new headset (Corsair HS60 with USB virtual 7.1 Surround DAC, not that it necessarily matters, but it could), and within the past couple of days, I'll give a voice command, the profile will execute it almost immediately (milliseconds), but there will be anywhere from a two-and-a-half second to a five second delay bfrom the time that the command was executed and Kate, ot Verity (or any of the seven packs I have) will respond.
    '
    As an example, I will be en route to a station in Supercruise, get to within one megameter of the station, I'll request that the ship disengage cruise, the ship immediately disengages from cruise, EDDI confirms disengagement in a timely fashion, as she is wont to do, but it will be several seconds before Kate, who is my acting Engineer, announces that the ship has disengaged from cruise. This is a new issue. I have not experienced this until the past couple of days. And most of you know that, as a rule, the voicepacks are usually right there with the sound bites the moment a command is issued and carried out.

If you need my machine specs, they are as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-8350, running at a stock 4.00 GHz
    GPU: AMD RX 560, stock clocks and voltages
    RAM: 24 GB

The most common reason for this is I have noticed is when you set the Target window in the Voice Attack drop down menu to "Elite Dangerous" instead of "active window"
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Alright, I'll definitely check for that. Thanks. Now, is that for the profiles, or just Voice Attack in general?

Comment

Nope, it still does it with "Active Window" selected. That was actually what was selected from the get go.

Comment

We are aware of speech profiles having some corruption in which creates slow downs in Va. Try training a new profile and you should see a big difference
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

No, it's not that it's not detecting and executing commands, it's that the timing is off for the audio files; like, remember how the sounds fired off early at one point? Now there's something causing them to fire off late, like on the arriving at destination in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 audio, the AI gets cut off after '3' instead of reaching '1' before exiting Witch Space. There's nothing wrong with the profile recognizing my commands, it's a delay between the button presses and the AI speaking. Even the audio on the automated sequences, like Always perform maintenance when docked. which requires no speech from the user has a noted delay, where the AI will finish repairs, refuel, and restocking a few seconds before the audio files fire off.
            Last edited by ChozoSR388; 11-06-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

THat is strange, we know that in the older Singularity profile that the timing was off, but that has since been fixed since Singularity 1.21

Comment

The corruption in a speech profile creates slow downs in Va thus making the sounds play late. You could also try setting va to high priority in task manager and see if that helps.
                ​​​

Comment

Alright. As much as I don't want to, I'll wipe the training data and start over. It's just a pain in the bum to do.

EDIT: Alright, so, I created a new speech recognition profile, deleted the old one, went through about five training sessions with it, and I'm still observing the 2 to 3 second delay between a command being executed and the audio file for that command playing. At this point, I'm pretty well certain (beyond a shadow of a doubt) that the issue had nothing to do with speech recognition profile corruption, as it's doing the same thing as it was with the original profile.
                  Last edited by ChozoSR388; 11-07-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

you don't have to wipe the training, just create a new profile as you can have multiple

Comment

Well, corruption usually means file damage, so I figured there was no sense in keeping the old one around if that was the case. But regardless, the delay persists. I clocked it to around 2 and a half Mississippi (or pickadilly, or however you prefer to vocalize a one-second-long utterance), I didn't quite get to 3 Mississippi. Might try re-installing Voice Attack next, I guess.

Comment

Hi there. Im new to the HCS things. (Bought Kate 2 days back) i followed all the steps. And i am having the same Problem as Chozo. Is there a Solution by now?

As Chozo said. The commands are executed more or less instantly but the Audio Answer from Kate is some Seconds delayed.

I tried everything, even made a whole new Profile and new Keybindings.

Can someone help here please?

Greez

Sentinel

Comment

Do you have voice attack running as admin? What do you have the "Target" dropdown box in the voice attack window set to?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                            Do you have voice attack running as admin? What do you have the "Target" dropdown box in the voice attack window set to?
                            Yes im running it as admin.
                            Its on active window.

Does not change if im running VA and ED alone or with other programms open.
                            VA is in Taskmanager on Highest Priority.
                            There all the programms are on the latest versions.

I've got VA via Steam. Might that be a Problem?

Comment

Running VA off steam shouldn't make a difference, I run the steam version of VA myself personally

Comment

• SentinelCH
                                SentinelCH commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'll try it when im home.
                            Working...
                            X