Recall the ship and Asynchronous Spacewarp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall the ship and Asynchronous Spacewarp

Somehow when I recall my ship from the SRV asynchronous space warp (OCULUS RIFT) is activated and locked in. Any clue as to why this would be happening I don't recall ever having this problem and I've been on my Oculus for a year now.

Is this on the live server or the test server?
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Live server.

Comment

The only thing that I can think of is that the shortcut combination for the Recall SRV would match up with the shortcut to enable the Rift feature. You can go in game and reassign the keyboard shortcut for the recall SRV to something else to see if that fixes the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          The only thing that I can think of is that the shortcut combination for the Recall SRV would match up with the shortcut to enable the Rift feature. You can go in game and reassign the keyboard shortcut for the recall SRV to something else to see if that fixes the issue
          Ok this is still happening and I can reproduce it by pressing left control alt. The effect applied seems to cause a performance hit and forces ASW to be triggered. At the moment I can't seem find anything on a keyboard shortcut pertaining to Oculus and that combination of key presses.

Comment

Does this happen even when you don't have VA running?

Comment

Yes and what I've finally gathered is that Oculus has keyboard shortcuts that control the use of AWS. These shortcuts to my knowledge can not be changed. If I change the binding for recall ship and then run the customizer and key bind creator will it still work? Also with all the upteen million binds we have now could you suggest a combo that is not in use.

Comment

Well, we don't actually care what you assign[1], just that a keyboard press *IS* assigned to the command list.

[1] Slight lie, but we do throw up a warning if the UI navigation keys and Galaxy Map navigation keys are the same, because whilst ED will let you bind them to the same keypresses, they make UI/Map navigation nigh on impossible with just a pure keyboard press environment.

Comment

Well fine then if you don't care I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Good Death View Post
                    Well fine then if you don't care I don't care.
                    The sarcasm is strong, but not as strong as Limburger Cheese

Comment

Just an FYI there are four hotkey combos that have to do with Oculus asynchronous time warp Ctrl - num pad 1 2 3 and 4. I just made a custom command called Bullsh@% and gave the function of returning AWS back to auto.

Comment

could you not have just rebound those keys in Elite to something else?
                        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Yeah that's what I did eventually I was just being silly because I think it's dumb that Oculus doesn't allow you to disable those shortcuts. While I have your attention what does "ERROR duplicate voice trigger for Mark trigger: engage" mean.

Comment

it means you've somehow managed to add in a voice trigger that also exists in another cmd which means a conflict has been created. When that happens VA doesn't get upset but which cmd actually runs isn't assured. I tried to stop people doing it but there are certain circumstances which I can't stop.
                            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

If I delete the custom voice triggers file can I start over?

(Edit) This did the trick.
                              Last edited by Cmdr Good Death; 12-28-2018, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X