Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem - Can not seem to get bookmarks to work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem - Can not seem to get bookmarks to work?

After the latest update: HCS Plugin V3.0 and Singularity v2.0 with VoiceAttack v1.7.3, I find I am having problems with bookmarks after setting them up in the customiser. When I say "plot course to bookmark 1" it opens the Galaxy map. Tabs once Left then backs out. No plotting of bookmark location "Sol" types. Assuming it must be some keybind report that I might have messed up or missed, I went back into Customiser and ran the missing keyboard report and get back that "You have no missing or incorrect keyboard binds.

Any suggestions?

Can you make sure that you have just one set of .bind files called "Custom" in the %LocalAppData%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\

Move any others that are NOT called Custom.3.0.binds to a nice safe location
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I had completed that before based on what was advised to others with bind issues. As an added step just now, I went ahead and used the customiser to create an HCS file. It created HCS Custom.3.0.binds. It also modified the StartPreset.start file to read "HCS Custom". I then went into %LocalAppData%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\ and deleted my orginal Custom.3.0.binds file so only the HCS file and StartPrest.start was in that folder. Restarted Voice Attack and loaded ED. Went into OPTIONS and selected HCS Custom. Closed both ED and Voice Attack completely. Restarted Voice Attack and loaded ED. (No Errors. Attempted the bookmark command and had the exact same results as before. Ran the Missing KeyBind Report which resulted in no errors. Since I have no idea of the script code you are using , I have no way of determining where the problem may be. ADDTIONAL INFO: Just found that I have also lost the ability to plot course to Engineers or Nebula Expeditions since the update.
      Last edited by Nomad2172; 12-23-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Added 3 new crew members and uninstalled HCS tools and previous crew. Reloaded new HSC tools with a release date of December 24, loaded all new crew members. BOOKMARKS, ENGINEERS and NEBULA EXPEDITIONS still will not properly plot courses. Again I Ran the Missing KeyBind Report which resulted in no errors.Haven't heard back from team on any type of resolution.
        Last edited by Nomad2172; 12-29-2018, 03:15 AM. Reason: PROBLEM with mapping BOOKMARKS, ENGINEERS and NEBULA EXPEDITIONS

Comment

1) make sure that you only have one set of Custom.binds in your frontier bindings folder>
          2) Ensure that the UI Navigation controls and Galaxy Navigation controls are not using the same keypresses
          3) That you have grid lines enabled in the Galaxy Map view
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

YOU SOLVED IT!!!!

Of course this ended up being a user issue. I had duplicated one key in both the Navigation Controls and Galaxy Navigation. I incorrectly assumed that the Keybind Report looked for duplicates, so I didn't even go there. Again thanks for solving this issue, I now have Bookmarks, Engineers and Nebula Expeditions working fine.

You folks have really done a phenomenal job with these updates.You have taken the sophistication of where the packs started to a whole new level!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X