This command will not function!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This command will not function!

Has anyone every got this, the command is bound in game but voice attack says it isnt. I have no idea whats going on.

I haven't encountered that myself before but apparently there is a known issue with bindings not being recognized / acting weird if you have multiple binding files in the folder that ED stores them in. The temporary solution / workaround for now that I've seen has been to make sure you only have the 1 active .binds file in the Bindings folder. I'd give that a try and see if it helps. If it doesn't (or you already only have the 1 .binds file), then maybe someone else has encountered this and can help out further with a fix.

The specific first guidance / troubleshooting step I've seen is this:
    Can you make sure that you have just one set of .bind files called "Custom" in the %LocalAppData%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\

Move any others that are NOT called Custom.3.0.binds to a nice safe location
    Last edited by Cmdr Galyock; 12-22-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• unemphatic
      unemphatic commented
      Editing a comment
      i only have the Custom3.0 file so im unsure of what is happening really

Does the HCS Customizer key bind checker utility report the same issue (that the key bind is missing)? (I'm assuming you've already upgraded to the latest version of HCS Tools / plugin and the Singularity profile and are running the latest version of Voice Attack.)

Comment

how do i go about checking if its saying its not bound

Comment

If you say, "protocol override customize my settings" it will pop open the customizer, and somewhere along the bottom of that window is the button to launch the key bind checker utility. It might offer more detail(s) about potentially other commands it thinks aren't bound. Usually it spits out a warning about unmapped keys when you first open Voice Attack so I'm curious why it apparently didn't do so until you tried to use the command. Probably going to have to wait for one of the official HCS folks to respond and help on this one because I'm feeling pretty clueless. :/

Comment

Working...
        X