Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCS Tools & Voice Pack installers unable to find VoiceAttack paths.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCS Tools & Voice Pack installers unable to find VoiceAttack paths.

Hello. I just purchased my first HCS voice pack (ASTRA) and am unable to install the HCS tools or the voice pack itself. Whenever I attempt to install either of them, I get the following error:

"Unable to retrieve VoiceAttack paths. Please check your VoiceAttack is the latest version and you have run it at least once." (Also see the attached screen shot)

My version of VoiceAttack is 1.7.3, purchased through Steam. I have opened and closed it multiple times. I have verified that the registry keys for VoiceAttack point to the correct folders for my VoiceAttack installation.

Let me be clear: I have never installed any HCS product before now, and I have never been able to get the HCS product I have purchased to install. Additionally, I the Steam version of VoiceAttack is the only version I have ever installed. I have never installed the VoiceAttack demo.

I've searched your forums, Reddit, Google in general, tried your Discord support channels and so far have not found a solution that works for me.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot the issue:

* Opened/closed VoiceAttack several times, both as a standard user and as an Administrator
    * Verified that the VoiceAttack registry keys point to the correct folder paths for my VoiceAttack installation
    * Uninstalled and re-installed VoiceAttack,
    * Opened and closed VoiceAttack again (again, using both standard and Admin accounts)
    * Re-verified the VoiceAttack registry keys point to the correct install location
    * Uninstalled VoiceAttack and changed the installation location from my dedicated Steam hard drive to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
    * Again, opened and closed VoiceAttack (as standard and Admin again) and again re-verified that the VoiceAttack registry keys point to the correct folders for my VoiceAttack install
    * Tried running the HCS tools installer as both a standard user and as an Admin user
    * Created folders "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds" just in case the HCS tools installer is looking for those specific folders
    * Removed the two free voice packs I was testing VoiceAttack with (KICS and Anubus)
    * Rebooted my computer (for good measure)

Nothing has worked. HCS tools and the voice pack still refuse to install.

Please help. I want to get this working, but so far it has been nothing but an exercise in extreme frustration.
    Attached Files

If you are running an AV, can you try disabling it for now. Could well be that preventing us from getting the paths from the registry that we use.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Hello. It appears to be a problem with the installers running under a standard user context. Even if I elevate permissions for the installer and for VA, I am unable to install the HCS tools or voice pack. But if I add my user to the Administrators group or install under the Administrator user, it appears to work. It's odd because I do not have a problem with elevating privileges as needed for other applications, only this one.

Comment

Did you install Voice Attack as a normal user or Admin user?
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
        X