Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do I edit commands now?

As per title.
    I created a command, I need to edit it, I can't see it in the profile and double clicking it in the log no longer takes me to it, just gives a random string of characters! Wth is that about??
    I did try to look in the manual, but I didn't see editing mentioned & I'm not reading all 200 pages of it!
    Oh, got the Minus voice pack for Elite.

Everytime, without fail, updating voice packs is a ton of hassle & wasted time! (this is why I only update when I really have to!)

Regards
    Mark

Just seen this in the Tips & how-to page :-

Quickly add unrecognized words and edit recognized words straight from the log

This is more of a tip than a how-to.

The log on the main screen has additional secret functionality. You can double-click on an unrecognised phrase to add it as a command, or, you can double-click on a recognized phrase and go straight to editing it.

Not any more you can't!

Comment

If you want to edit the voice triggers: Open up the customiser and use the voice trigger editor.

This means that when the profile gets updated, your tweaks to the trigger phrases won't get lost.

If you want to edit the commands more in terms of how they work: No can do at the moment, because we have been requested *repeatedily* numerous times over the years that updating a profile (or even *installing a pack from fresh*) is too confusing, so we are looking to make this automatic via installer/updater, but this will require that the "main profile" is locked down, whilst still allowing you to add your own custom commands via the method
      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Ok, yea not having to re-do all the customisations for a new update is good .

But what's the customiser? Searching the manual for VA turns up nil...
        And yea I want to get rid of any single word voice triggers.

I've just thought, so how do we alter VAs key bindings then if we have custom key ED bindings??
        Last edited by Assimilator1; 12-28-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

try looking in our manual

keybinds are automatically read from the game, change them in the game and it changes in the profile...it's been that way for over 18 months
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

[edit]When I looked in your HCS manual instead of the VA one I found the customiser reference

Ok I found the customiser, talk about hidden! I would understand it being buried deep within multiple menus, but to have it only voice activated via "Protocol override, customise my settings" seems rather excessive!

Anyway, I'm now able to remove single word commands, & I've since removed some (no doubt I'll come across more) & edited other voice triggers.
            I've also created a secondary profile (Elite custom cmds) with my custom commands, which works fine as long as it doesn't refer to something within the main profile! (And I've linked Singularity to my secondary profile). Like the following one does, which I had to rebuild as it wouldn't import properly :-

Combat;red alert;battle stations

Play sound, 'G:\File-Storage\Star Trek stuff\Sounds\voy_redalert.mp3'
            Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-MINUS\Weapons\Weapons Battle\Deploying weapons.mp3'
            Pause 1.3 seconds
            Press U key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
            Execute command, '((50%))' (and wait until it completes)
            Execute command, '((Cycle Next Hostile Ship))' (and wait until it completes)
            Execute command, '((RS - Target Highest Threat))' (and wait until it completes)
            Execute command, '((Balance Power))' (and wait until it completes)
            Execute command, '((Power To Weapons))' (and wait until it completes)
            Press Left key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
            Pause 0.1 seconds
            Press Left key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
            Pause 1.5 seconds
            Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack-MINUS\Targeting\Targeting Battle\Fire at will.mp3'

It won't let me copy that cmd to Elite custom cmds as it doesn't have any of the commands. The only way I can think of is to copy the commands into the secondary profile, but I can't find them in Singularity!
            Any other ideas?
            (btw, do you think 0.03s is long enough for a key press?)
            Last edited by Assimilator1; 12-28-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

you can't copy cmds out of Singularity. The only thing you can do is reference ours or construct your own. All of the cmds in Singularity have their descriptions named the same as what is shown in the Voice Trigger editor.

0.03 is fine for fast systems but I'd air on the side of caution and use 0.05
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

How do I reference your 'execute commands' when I can't see them from my secondary command?
                Just to re-iterate, the (Combat) command in my previous post works in Singularity, but that's because it is in the Singularity profile, which is fine, until an update is done.
                And I can't copy it out to the secondary profile, so how do I back it up? (aside from copying the text & rebuilding it from scratch).

I've got an i7 4930k, so it should be alright, but I'll go for the 0.05s in future (I think the 0.03s was a default time used by earlier versions of VA).

Thanks
                Mark

Comment

Uh, I've gotten around this by creating a reverse link to Singularity profile from within my custom Commander profile. I.e.:
                  • Elite Singularity: profile options >> include commands from profiles >> Commander (custom)
                  • Commander (custom): profile options >> include commands from profiles >> Elite Singularity
                  As long as you don't create a command with a duplicate "title" it's been fine. (And if you do dupe a title, I suspect it would just be a crapshoot which command got executed.)

Comment

Here is something to help with the linking of commands:

Run Commands by name, and not from the dropdown menu (Yes, this means that you would have to type out what the spoken trigger you want, or the "hcsvt_<command>" (depending on choice here), but this is how I have always done it.

Comment

Gangrel are you saying that using the "Execute command (by name)" action doesn't require that the Singularity profile be "linked" into your Custom VA profile? (I could've sworn that even using Execute command by name and typing out the Singularity command, VA would complain about not being able to access / recognize the command. But, I could be trippin'...)

Comment

No, it *does* require the linking of the profiles, but that the normal "command selection" dropdown will only include commands in the current profile that you are editing (and no linked profiles if any)

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                          Here is something to help with the linking of commands:

Run Commands by name, and not from the dropdown menu (Yes, this means that you would have to type out what the spoken trigger you want, or the "hcsvt_<command>" (depending on choice here), but this is how I have always done it.
                          I don't know what you mean, drop down menu is the only thing I see to add commands.
                          And I've no idea what 'hcsvt commands' are, they just appeared in this update & I've not come across the documentation for it yet, is it somewhere in the VA or HCS manual?

Oh also, just as I predicted, single word commands are proving to be a cause of a load of false activations , e.g. yes, ship, thanks, low (I found that 1 & deleted it), how on earth am I supposed to find 'yes' & delete it? It could be in anything!
                          Why do you even have single word commands anyway??
                          Last edited by Assimilator1; 12-30-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assimilator1 View Post

I don't know what you mean, drop down menu is the only thing I see to add commands.
                            And I've no idea what 'hcsvt commands' are, they just appeared in this update & I've not come across the documentation for it yet, is it somewhere in the VA or HCS manual?
                            hcsvt commands are now the "base line commands" that the voice triggers are then applied on top of. This is one step of making the profiles autoupdateable, whilst also keeping any tweaks/changes that you might have made to voice triggers, or custom commands unaffected.

Oh also, just as I predicted, single word commands are proving to be a cause of a load of false activations , e.g. yes, ship, thanks, low (I found that 1 & deleted it), how on earth am I supposed to find 'yes' & delete it? It could be in anything!
                            Why do you even have single word commands anyway??
                            Because we are now able to enable/disabled a wide range of commands via situation, we decided to allow some more freedom with the voice triggers, so in theory at least, these commands should only be possible to trigger when you are in a situation that allows it (ie saying "Deploy SRV" whilst in supercruise would come up with an "Unrecognised command" because it isn't even a valid command for that moment in time)

If you want to edit the voice triggers all in one go, you can look at the custom-english.hcs file in a text editor and search and nuke accordingly (or use the voice trigger editor). The voice trigger editor is there for the less "tech inclined" and not wanting to get their hands dirty but still wanting to add their own phrases to commands.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                              try looking in our manual

keybinds are automatically read from the game, change them in the game and it changes in the profile...it's been that way for over 18 months
                              Maybe a stupid question, but where is the manual?

Comment

Working...
                              X