Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singularity - "Comm Panel" leads to ESC menu - Music Player - Personalized Responces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity - "Comm Panel" leads to ESC menu - Music Player - Personalized Responces

I just updated ASTRA and Singularity (BTW, took me a while to figure out the latter... I really wish there was an easier/more intuitive way to update)

Anyway, it solved a problem I was having before (regarding getting hi-res screenshots when I only wanted regular). However, a new problem has occurred.

Whenever I say "Comm Panel" or "Quick Comms" to get that panel up, sometimes it hits ESC first, because that menu pops up.

But only sometimes.

Sometimes it will happen four times in a row. Other times it will go to the Comm panel normally. There is no discernable pattern or connection to this I can find.

BTW, when I back out of the ESC menu it does indeed have me in the comms as well, so it's not an "either/or" situation going on but a "sometimes and"

---

Another problem I'm having is regarding getting HCS to use my playlists for VLC Media Player. Long ago I had it set up so that I had various playlists and could command it to play, stop, next track, previous track, etc... but now it seems Singluarity is taking over that element. But now, while I can get it to play my VLC playlists just fine, I can no longer get it to stop playing, change track, or any of the other global commands.

Is there a guide for how to set up playlists on Singluarity using external programs like VLC media player (or some other player) that will help me set up my playlists and use them properly again? Because I don't think I can keep working around it the old way.

---

Personally I don't mind how I had it before - those commands are located on my Personalized Responses add-on for Astra... which brings me to my last problem. That doesn't seem to be working anymore. If I say "Thank you" for example, it just says "You're welcome, commander" instead of my customized response.

Help!

There is a difference between the comm panel, and quick comms command (Quick comms hits the "Quick comms" bind, and Comms panel will press the *Communications Panel* bind (so enter and 2 by default IIRC).

About the media player: VLC would need to be setup to accept the global media hotkeys for those commands (play/pause/next/previous/stop)

For the personal responses: This has changed a bit since we updated to singularity. But in general: there should be a bat file located in the HCSTools folder which will "convert" the old personal pack into the new file structure. JUst make sure that you have the personal sound files backed up.

Once done, you just then need to say "Enable personal responses" and the personal files would be back.

I would directly link the .bat file, but I am recovering from a laptop death, and that took a lot of files away from easy access right now....
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

• mossfoot
      mossfoot commented
      Editing a comment
      The issue I described happened with both methods of using the Comms. That's part of the reason I mentioned it. They are already separately bound. Next time I'm on I'll try all the panels (which In normally access by headlooking instead of voice) in case it's affecting other commands.

For the audio player, while I can find the section where you can add voice commands to access the global media hotkeys, I can't actually see anywhere what it is actually bound to or change it (which I would need to know so I can change the VLC commands to recognize them)

Regarding personal responses, I'll look for that .bat file tonight.

• Gangrel
      Gangrel commented
      Editing a comment
      The media keys that you would need to bind are the Play/Pause/Next/Previous/stop buttons that you would find on a "multimedia" computer keyboard.

Follow up... couldn't find the BAT file.

Comment

The media keys that you would need to bind are the Play/Pause/Next/Previous/stop buttons that you would find on a "multimedia" computer keyboard.
      I see. Okay, so I changed my VLC Media Player's Global Hotkeys to those of the multimedia keyboard... however, it only has buttons for "play/pause" "Skip next" and "skip back" as well as volume/mute. No "stop" button that I can see.

Also, can't find the .bat file anywhere in HCS Tools that should allow me to import my personalized ASTRA commands into Singularity?

The Comm issue is still happening (and still erratically and inconsistently) and happens on both kinds of Comms commands

Comment

the other way that you can do the personal responses is by linking your personal profile into the Singularity profile. I would link the .bat, but I am still fighting with dropbox to get all my files synced (and even then, I am not sure if it was dropboxed correctly).

If the comms part is erratic and inconsistent, that will be hard to nail down... although as you say you activate them by headlooking, so I am assuming VR headset? This can be an issue because we cannot track what panel you are looking at although we can tell what *tab* you have swapped to (as that is logged into the status.json file). The tracking is done via voice, or in other cases (if you have it set up, by keyboard/joystick button press (there is an included profile that you can link that will give more information about this)

Comment

Sorry, I need to clairfy what I said earlier. I do not active Comms or Quick Comms through Headlook. I only activate the OTHER panels that way and therefore never bother using voice commands to activate them. I hope to test using VA to activate those panels to see if the issue affects them as well.

So, to be clear, when I either activate Comms or Quick Comms through VA, there seems to be a random but frequent chance that it will also take me to the ESC menu. Backing out of that menu has my Comm panel activated so it's not activating the ESC menu instead of Comms, but as well as.

I will go into the Customize My Settings menu for Singularity and see if I can link the personal profile that way and get back to you.

Comment

((If you look in the HCSTools folder (Located in Voice Attack\Sounds\HCSTools\ ) there should be a folder called Personal Pack Convertor with a file of "Convert old style personal pack.bat".

Read the read me file and then give that file a shot (once you have your personal sound files saved to a nice safe place)

Comment

Okay, update on this. I got the global commands for VLC Media Player working with voice attack (everything except "stop" because there's no stop button on this keyboard)

I found the HCSTools folder and the files. However, when I went to search for the Personal Pack files as directed, I was unable to find them in the suggested directory (\VoiceAttack\hcspack\Role\Personal pack\Personal responses). The only folders beyond "Role" were "Conspiracies" and "Trading Terms Cleche." No Personal Pack.

I did find a personal pack folder located elsewhere at VoiceAttack\Sounds\Personal pack - but that folder was empty.

Is it possible my personal pack sounds got deleted during an update of Astra/Singularity? It's strange because my .vap file for it is still intact.

Ghah!

Comment

Originally posted by mossfoot View Post
                Okay, update on this. I got the global commands for VLC Media Player working with voice attack (everything except "stop" because there's no stop button on this keyboard)

I found the HCSTools folder and the files. However, when I went to search for the Personal Pack files as directed, I was unable to find them in the suggested directory (\VoiceAttack\hcspack\Role\Personal pack\Personal responses). The only folders beyond "Role" were "Conspiracies" and "Trading Terms Cleche." No Personal Pack.

I did find a personal pack folder located elsewhere at VoiceAttack\Sounds\Personal pack - but that folder was empty.

Is it possible my personal pack sounds got deleted during an update of Astra/Singularity? It's strange because my .vap file for it is still intact.

Ghah!
                Yes, its possible that the sounds got deleted on update of ASTRA profile (particularly if you uninstalled the voicepack/deleted the ASTRA folder). The proifles do not get removed from VA, because we cannot delete/import them automatically for you.

Comment

Working...
                X