• Show
Clear All

• Leo fails integrity check with VoiceAttack running as regular user

I have a challenging issue with the Leo voicepack

Situation:

HCS Tools 2.0.3
    VoiceAttack 1.7.3
    Most recent (AFAIK) downloads of Leo, Astra, and Vasco

I run VoiceAttack as a regular user and as the same user as Elite. Running VoiceAttack as admin causes errors with module scanning, even if I correctly set the key bindings in the customerizer (and, honestly, my paranoid side dislikes running anything as admin.

I've had Astra and Vasco working for some time, and went to install Leo and ran into issues.

Leo loads when VoiceAttack is run as admin, but I get the aforementioned errors with modulescanning, etc.

When run as a regular (non-privileged) user, Vasco and Astra work fine. Leo, however, fails to load. The pack is detected but I get a warning that Leo has failed the integrity check, please re-install.

Like a good like chap, I tried downloading and re-installing, but to no avail.

Under advice, I then uninstalled all packs, and VoiceAttack, and deleted the .dat files in both the admin and the user directories under AppData. I then downloaded new instances of VoiceAttack, Leo, Vasco, and Astra and did a complete reinstall. Loaded VoiceAttack, loaded HCS Tools, loaded a pack, launched VoiceAttack as admin, imported the .vap, closed VoiceAttack, launched as regular user.

Leo still shows up as having an integrity check.

I tried loading process monitor and a few other tools to see if I could dig into what the integrity check was doing and what it was looking at; all packs are installed the same way and I can't see a permissions difference but that's all I can think of.

Any suggestions?

Any ideas? Anyone know what the integrity check looks at, so I can see where that's at?

Comment

Can you post a message of said integrity check please.
      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

contact info@theqnn.com and tell them I said to verify your serial number for Leo and they may need to issue you with a new one
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

The serial number for Leo is a valid one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
            contact info@theqnn.com and tell them I said to verify your serial number for Leo and they may need to issue you with a new one
            As FireyToad says; I contacted them first and we ran thru' a lot of scenarios -- ending up with the advice to post here.

As I said; if I run VoiceAttack as a privileged user, Leo appears to load fine -- but since E is running under a different account, multiple features don't work (lets not even get me started on my dislike of running ANYTHING under elevated privs on a regular basis). Astra and Vasco work in this mode; Leo just comes up with the integrity check

Here's the screen shot, for reference:

Comment

When you ran the Leo installer, was that an Admin or as a normal user? Are you running the "normal" or steam version of Voice Attack?

When you refer to "module scanning" is that the Discovery scanner or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                When you ran the Leo installer, was that an Admin or as a normal user? Are you running the "normal" or steam version of Voice Attack?

When you refer to "module scanning" is that the Discovery scanner or something else?
                Leo was installed the same way as Astra and Vasco; ran as a standard user and elevated privileges with an admin account as prompted by Windows UAC.

VoiceAttack is the normal version

As to the errors, sorry: I get the following messages while initializing VoiceAttack:

3:26:07 PM - WARNING there was a problem starting the modulesinfo scanning, please contact info@theqnn.com
                3:26:07 PM - WARNING there was a problem starting the status scanning, please contact info@theqnn.com

Comment

your account permissions on the pc are not letting us or VA access the required files, not just for Leo but for the plugins aswell. You will need to rectify the problem on your pc. Without knowing exactly how that pcs has been configured, the only simple way I could suggest is to add that user into the admin group.
                  The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

your account permissions on the pc are not letting us or VA access the required files, not just for Leo but for the plugins aswell. You will need to rectify the problem on your pc. Without knowing exactly how that pcs has been configured, the only simple way I could suggest is to add that user into the admin group.
                    I agree -- but why does this work /fine/ for Astra and Vasco (though not running VA as admin), and not for Leo? Nothing fancy permissions wise, no fancy RBAC, just all three installed from the installer and run as a regular user and 2 work, 1 doesn't.

It's plainly permissions. However, all three are installed the same way -- via the installer. Astra and Vasco pass the check; Leo does not. I understand the desire to run as admin; I've spent too long on the security side to be willing to use an admin account for day-to-day, though. Something will go horribly wrong because I'm just not smart enough to be trusted doing that all the time.

Is there any data on what the integrity check does? I'm happy to dig in as deep as I can and while I'm a better UNIX sysadmin than Windows, I can follow most instructions fairly well.

Comment

Do you have seperate Singularity profiles for ASTRA and VASCO?

IF so, can you post a screenshot for each of those profiles when VA first loads up (so Select profile, wait for it to fully initialize, take Screenshot showing all the messages that it shows. Repeat for next profile).

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
                        Do you have seperate Singularity profiles for ASTRA and VASCO?

IF so, can you post a screenshot for each of those profiles when VA first loads up (so Select profile, wait for it to fully initialize, take Screenshot showing all the messages that it shows. Repeat for next profile).
                        I don't. I run under a single Singularity Profile (imported from the 2.03 HCS Tools) and it finds all three directories/voices successfully (I admit; I haven't reloaded Astra at this point, though so it's JUST Vasco after all the installs/re-installs to see if there was a sign of what was up with Leo). All I get is the 'There is an issue with Leo' message. I can screenshot whatever you want, uninstall, re-install, etc; I've gotten very used to it lately in trying to get this all working.

Comment

Is there any information on what the integrity check is doing? I'm sure you're absolutely right that there's a permissions issue somewhere, since it works as admin. I haven't done anything tricky with the permissions, however; just a basic standard install of Leo.

Comment

Well.

Interesting.

I was hoping the new update might resolve my Leo issue.

Instead, it promulgated it to A.S.T.R.A and Vasco. Exact same error.

Interestingly, this is on a brand new bone stock Win10 install, so there's nothing fancy with the permissions; I rebuilt the machine and did a from-scratch re-install of everything last weekend.

I suspect this means that I'm done with VoiceAttack and HCS, unfortunately. Love your stuff; bit of a challenge for me.

Comment

Is there any chance you have antivirus or firewall software installed that could have interfered with either the integrity of the downloaded installer or the installation process? It's the only thing I can think of (as a fellow user but Win 10 novice) that might explain why the problem spread.

Comment

Working...
                              X