Commands executed when I'm not speaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commands executed when I'm not speaking

So I'm having real trouble with commands being picked up when I'm not speaking, things like "map off", "hud mode","half reverse" and my favourite "hcsvted_fwdthrust75". It seems to be a small set, not just random things.

I managed to find a similar thread from January, which suggested a whole host of things, but it appeared that it may because the chap was using speakers so you told him to try push to record. I am not using speakers and quite often these commands are simply executing when I am making no noise at all, or perhaps typing, which is most bizarre.

There's no amount of training speech recognition will make a tap of a keyboard, or no sound at all, sound like "hcsvted_fwdthrust75".

Please can you look into this as I fear it's not as simple as you might have thought. And for reference, I have tried everything suggested in the previous post with the exception of mandating a push to record, as I use PTT for discord/comms and I have no issue with my mic, feedback/sound loop or anything like that. I did not have this problem when I played the game before, prior to HCSTools.

Using: HCSTools + Verity (same issues with HCSTools + Eden)

Thanks.

To follow up - I removed the phrase 'map off' via protocol override and yet it's still being recognized. Something really doesn't seem right.

Comment

1) The fact that VA is picking up something shows that the speech recognition engine *is* detecting something. Whilst using PTT/PTL (Push to listen) is an option, it is one that I actually use myself quite a bit. I am not in 100% silent room, (and I have a cat) so whilst you think "That doesn't sound like human speech, ...." well neither does scratching my nose, which VA picks up as "Deploy hardpoints"

2) If you removed the phrase via the voice trigger editor, can you double check to ensure that you have selected the correct voice trigger profile from the Voice Trigger editor window (1st tab/main page)

3) It can also be useful to potentially turn your command weight value down a little bit (or enable/disable the Acoustic echo cancellation/Adaptive Recognition) in VA recognition settings, as these can help out a lot as well.
      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I completely agree that something is being picked up, using the same hardware as a year ago though, i'm experiencing wildly different results. I find it most bizarre that the same 4-5 commands are being selected over and over, very different sounding words yet repeatedly the same few. Also, the hcsvted_fwdthrust75 is a command or a text something, not an actual voice command from what I can tell, so no idea why that would trigger regardless.

Point 2 - English - Custom is selected, I'm unsure what the correct option should be and haven't changed it.

Point 3 - I have weight set to 0 and have tried with the mentioned settings enabled and disabled, it makes no difference.

One thing I can't seem to find is a voice activation threshold, something one would typically adjust in situations like these. Is that in VA somewhere?

Comment

Yeah, click the little wrench at the bottom right and select the Recognition tab. All of the input weights, settings and constraints are there.

Let me clarify, the speech engine pretty much listens to everything, you can control your mic through your OS (Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition for Windows).

So, what you can do is increase the confidence levels. I have an external mic and speaker setup, and I used to have lots of issues with the speakers kicking off commands. I have my Minimum Confidence Level set to 75 and the Min Unrecognized Confidence Level set to 60. I might occasionally get a "yes", but now almost everything except my commands are disregarded by VA.

Hope that helps!
          Last edited by toadbat; 05-15-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toadbat View Post
            So, what you can do is increase the confidence levels. I have an external mic and speaker setup, and I used to have lots of issues with the speakers kicking off commands. I have my Minimum Confidence Level set to 75 and the Min Unrecognized Confidence Level set to 60. I might occasionally get a "yes", but now almost everything except my commands are disregarded by VA.
            Thanks toadbat, but after some testing, these erroneous commands are completely bypassing the confidence checks, yet my spoken commands are not. Whilst typing this sentence, the phrase 'open top' was recognised 5 times and then the hscvted_ again.

Comment

This looks like a case of you having to train up a new voice recognition profile, something appears to have happened which has associated all the commands with the profile. If you have the "show confidence level" box ticked in the VA recognition settings, it will show you how "strongly" VA recognised it, so what looks like "bypassing the confidence checks" is actually a case of "VA *really* thinks that this is what you said"

In VA Settings recognition tab:

What is your confidence level set to?
              What is your command weight set to?
              Is the Min Unrecognised Confidence level set low or hi? (This setting is so that you can filter out the "ambient noise recognitions, but don't pass the "Confidence level" requirement.)
              Do you have the "Disable Adaptive Recognition" box ticked?
              Do you have the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation" box ticked?
              1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
              2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
              3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
              4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
              WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
              X