Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Voice Packs become Muted after using SRV - What did I break?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Voice Packs become Muted after using SRV - What did I break?

Hi, first post.. be gentle .. Only one week on from installing my first pack & already up to 9! I have to say they make such a difference to the ED experience.. loving 'em.. especially Alpha.. great idea.. well done.
    So, I've had a trawl & search through the forum but not noticed this specific behaviour mentioned so far. After using the SRV & returning to the ship all the voice packs are muted. Commands are still run but they don't wanna talk to me. All the other sounds are working as normal. I'm up to date according to the Customiser update check, I know there we're updates over the w/end. Restarting the game returns things to normal. Any pointers as to where I should be looking to track this one down?

Will look into this for you.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Update..
      Whilst this was repeatable, closing & restarting ED, when I posted.. Last night it seemed to run ok after returning to ship from SRV. So, 3 things I'm thinking about that changed since.
      1) the PC was shutdown & restarted.
      2) I noticed VoiceAttack reporting an anomaly for DARK who had previously being assigned as Science & replaced it with Alfa.. (who's also assigned No1)
      3) I found the recent post about "Having Trouble Deploying SRV" & noticed the suggestion to "Run Diagnostics" which I ran... (sounds like.. "have you tried switching it Off & On again)

I normally would only try one thing at a time but didn't notice the message in (2) until after I tried (3)

As an aside note.. Alfa volume level seems quieter than the others. with ASTRA booming out loudest. I've seen some older treads on normalisation etc. but thought I'd mention the feedback as Alfa is brand new.

Comment

the volume of packs can be altered in the customiser
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
        X