X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Path Wrong

Installing ASTRA on default settings places the files in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-ASTRA\

but your macros look for - C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\

could you correct either the install location to match the script paths or the script paths to match the installation?

Will double check into this
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

this isn't possible as we have never used that path in any of Astra's profiles. The only way it could happen is you have manually altered the installation path at some point in the past and now every time you run the installer it's using that old path.
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

OK...... the default path for ASTRA was
        C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\ when I originally bought it way back when you didn't have many packs for ED.
        Subsequent packs all then had a suffix. Now that ASTRA default path is
        C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-ASTRA the installer, being daft, doesn't or cannot update itself to the new location. Hence the different constructed paths.

Since this is a conspiracy between the windows installer, now going senile, and your package, wouldn't it be a good idea to provide a fix/update script with which one could update the paths in the installer scripts? (I'm a lazy sod now that I've retired and leave such things if I can to you young programmers

EDIT: ASTRA was the first Pack I purchased, it only installed as described. The paths in the profiles for the sound files now look for the amended location, I'm assuming the paths are constructed dynamically at install, by your suggestion, if not then they are definitely looking at two different locations no matter the fault or who did it.
        Last edited by fatzdomingo; 02-12-2018, 10:49 PM. Reason: Checked the imported profile

Comment

Astra's path is still just "hcspack" only subsequent packs had their name tacked on

If yours is showing as "hcspack-Astra" then you must have renamed it

The path we look for is "VA_SOUNDS\hcspack" with the "VA_SOUNDS" part resolving to your settings in VA. You'll need to rename you astra folder back to "hcspack"
          Last edited by TheThingIs; 02-12-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

OK! I probably renamed it some time ago for consistency, or to give me a clue which pack it was.

But since you are NOW "tacking on" the names, don't you think as a matter of elegance or consistency that the general rule is every pack has its name appended?
            As a former programmer I picked up path variables from installation choice and parsed them into my strings, I didn't hard code them and let the user decide where to plonk my programmes thereby defeating my intended path routes. Either that or a search and replace function in the Editor - Local and Global

Great products, but don't be offended or immune to the occasional contrary idea

Comment

indeed good sir, we have discussed changing her folder name...we simply deemed that the stress it would cause people didn't warrant such a minor change. But, you never know

Comment

Should also be noted that we have been "tacking on" the names since the 2nd voice pack was released...
                1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
                2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
                3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
                4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
                WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

yep....noted and thanks for the dialogue Gangrel Still, I'm hoping you get around to renaming it if only for the elegance. If it was easier to search and replace your embedded paths I'd do it myself. Thanks for all the hard work and the marvelous immersion.

Comment

Working...
                  X