Cecil Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecil Query

just a quickie , can and will Cecil send derogatory messages to Cmdrs on your friends list ? or is it a bug ? ...he’s causing a right ruck

and if so how can you disable that bit

tbh I haven't looked at Cecil for a long time and it would take me hours to figure it out so I'll have to pass that for you to alter yourself. Cecil will be worked on in the near future to get him up to par with the rest of the packs...once we get him sober enough to put a plan together
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
      tbh I haven't looked at Cecil for a long time and it would take me hours to figure it out so I'll have to pass that for you to alter yourself. Cecil will be worked on in the near future to get him up to par with the rest of the packs...once we get him sober enough to put a plan together
      Don't sober him up. BUT.....if I may say, he has caused a fair amount of grief, which is typical of a lush like him.I have noticed in the new Singularity, all crew members have a disable feature. Not so with Cecil.Yes I am aware he is not a crew member, just a companion. Even though you can tell Cecil to be quiet, which he does for about 30 seconds, (typical lush), he does not appear to have an on/off/disable switch.( or have I just not figured out how to turn him off? ) Having this option would be invaluable. I cannot say if the following issue is the fault of Cecil, Singularity, Voice Attack, or a corrupt installation, but I must share this. While gaming, whether solo or while winged up with team mates, many of Cecil's charming responses are being sent to the Comms panel. If I sent/received a text message to/from a wing mate, Cecil's messages would be sent to that wing mate as well.. Or, his messages would be sent out to " Local " in the Comms panel if I was not winged. This issue caused a fair amount of stress between myself and a wing mate, when my wing mate received a message from me saying " You stuck up, half -witted, scruffy looking nerf herder.". Even though I denied sending this message to my wing mate, he was kind enough to walk me through my journal file, and sure enough, there was the sent message, showing that I had sent the message. Needless to say I was mortified. After spending a great length of time watching the Comms panel, I observed many of Cecil's messages being sent out via the Comms panel. He was telling any and all that I was holding him hostage, he had spilled his drink, and that they were stuck up, half -witted, scruffy looking nerf herders. Definitely NOT the sort of thing I want happening when I am on Mobius with my mates. Solo by myself, I don't give a shite,
      So I uninstalled Cecil. I now have to re-import all the vap files from the Archive folders of my many Voice Packs. Yes, each single Archived vap file from every single one of my crew members. Not the end of the world, but still most annoying and time consuming.

I want very much to reinstall Cecil, I rather miss the old lush. I need to know if I just had a corrupt installation, or is it that Cecil is not compatible with the new Singularity profile and Voice Attack?

One of my wing mates wants to purchase the Cecil Voice Pack, however I cannot recommend that he does so at this time.

Comment

Cecil is a community pack made for Dave Pearson and the Hutton Truckers...until we get together with them again and formulate a plan then we can't do much with him. We'll all be getting together at the Elite Meet in Reading in mid April so hopefully we'll formulate a plan so he can start taunting the rest of the crew as well. His update will be very nice when it's done
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I think it’s hilarious, I can understand the amount of trouble he could get you in...and maybe a very gentle sobering up might be in order during docking cycles. But from what I’ve witnessed at his drunken hand he’s my kind of flying companion , I will be inviting him aboard soon, but I will be checking onboard inventories regularly:-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
            Cecil is a community pack made for Dave Pearson and the Hutton Truckers...until we get together with them again and formulate a plan then we can't do much with him. We'll all be getting together at the Elite Meet in Reading in mid April so hopefully we'll formulate a plan so he can start taunting the rest of the crew as well. His update will be very nice when it's done
            Thank you. I look forward to an updated Cecil, and please, don't sober him up, he's spot on the way he is. ( Just give him an on/off switch ) But since the Singularity has a " profanity " option for users to enable/disable, why not let Cecil speak his mind? I mean really speak his mind. After all, we are adults here and we are seasoned veterans who pretty much have heard it all before. Let the man speak, slur, cuss and scratch his daddy bag. After all, that's what real truckers do, no?

Comment

How do I get Cecil to work at the same time as Singularity??? I can seem to have only one or the other working in Voiceattack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by khanz1 View Post
                How do I get Cecil to work at the same time as Singularity??? I can seem to have only one or the other working in Voiceattack at a time.
                Use the "include commands from another profile" option in Singularity.

Go from Step 13 onwards
                1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
                2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
                3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
                4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
                WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Hi Cmdrs, thumbs up for Cecil!
                  My crew will reach soon #6, so crew rotation with more than 6 crewmemebers at a time doesnt work.
                  I guess I invest in a cat, a bird and someone who is drunk all the time. This makes exploration a little more entertaining....lol
                  ... it's so dark around me!
                  Thx to ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA and MIDNIGHT
                  And sometimes I have a drink with CECIL...

Comment

Hi Cmdrs
                    Cecil is now offical on board... somewhere... and I love it...

Q.1: I ad EDDI to it CECIL to give hime more to say how it is mention in the readme. Cause I do not own Midnight. Any chance to ad someone else of my crewmembers instead?
                    Q.2: bought CECIL over HCS but support "is somewhere else". Tried to contact support, but do not get any response. What to do?
                    Q.3: Any chance to combine CECIL with my crewmembers? Has anyone does this?

Thx in advance...

Comment

Cecil is a "standalone" voicepack for the moment, but we are working with the original guy who does Cecil to get the profile brough up to Singularity spec.

Only Midnight has lines to do with Cecil, so there is no ability to add another pack to work in the same fashion.

Comment

Thx Gangrel for the - always - quick response...
                        Sometimes if talking to CECIL the VA Profile swaps from EliteSingularity to Cecil SLF.
                        Q.: What's the reason and how swap back (voice command wise)?

Comment

Errr, not sure as to why the profile would flip from Singularity to Cecil, unless you linked the two profiles... and I don't believe that there is a voice command to swap back to singularity from Cecil profile...

Comment

OK, I let you know next time and drop the log...

Comment

Hello Gangrel just ad log file out of VA with swapping profil....

6:09:55 PM - Launched 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe ' with parameters '-profile "Cecil SLF"'
                              6:09:52 PM - Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: are you an a i).

I installed EDDI for CECIL...

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X