More bugs than anything else

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bugs than anything else

Got an update message, downloaded Kate & Ship's Cat.

1) Uninstalling doesn't work although it pretends to. It removes the entry to uninstall but nothing else, so i deleted the residing files manually.
    2) Setup for Kate doesn't create Startmenu folder although it pretends to.
    2) Setup for Ship's Cat triggers AVG malware alarm.
    3) Setup for Ship's Cat doesn't create Startmenu folder although it pretends to.
    4) Both setups applied, both pretend to have run successfully but VoiceAttack says no VoicePack can be detected although it has a profile.
    5) Instructions unclear and incomplete.

System is Windows 7 Ultimate in perfect condition, all updates applied, VoiceAttack is V1.7

More Bugs:

Deleting Profile from VoiceAttack's menu helps regarding Kate but then there is no Ship's Cat. Reinstalling the Ship's Cat leads to the following: 16:57:39 - Ships Cat: ERROR CODE 255 - email support info@theqnn.com with your order number

Comment

And no answer yet...

I am a customer who paid for this.

Comment

For the voice packs being detected or not, I would double check the installation location of the pack with the "Sounds" setting location in the voice attack options.

If the sounds folder setting in voice attack looks like this (for example):

C:\Voice Attack\Sounds

Then the voice packs should be found at

C:\Voice Attack\Sounds\<voicepack name>

That is the most common issue with the packs not being detected.

The AVG alarm is a false positive, although this can be due to the fact that the pack is installing to a location that is "not its own" (some Antivirus software dislikes software installing itself to locations that are owned by other apps, understandably so)

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

The Packs are were they belong. The first error message was caused by the old profile still being in VA's cache. The uninstall routine isn't clearing that. Since i did this manually the Kate Voicepack is running now but the Ship's Cat is not. I have an older download of 132 MB (138,956,736 bytes) and a newer one of 14.6 MB (15,407,817 bytes). The newer one doesn't install a profile (could be an update-only version but it didn't say so while installing). Installing the older one gave the error message i posted earlier.

Comment

The installer (and uninstaller) do not directly add or remove profiles into voice attack, and they never have been able to either.
            1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
            2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
            3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
            4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
            WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBolivar View Post
              The Packs are were they belong. The first error message was caused by the old profile still being in VA's cache. The uninstall routine isn't clearing that. Since i did this manually the Kate Voicepack is running now but the Ship's Cat is not. I have an older download of 132 MB (138,956,736 bytes) and a newer one of 14.6 MB (15,407,817 bytes). The newer one doesn't install a profile (could be an update-only version but it didn't say so while installing). Installing the older one gave the error message i posted earlier.
              Just another customer trying to help here....

I had the same error RE: Voice Attack saying no voices could be detected, and it's because 1) I still had the prior version of Elite: Singularity profile installed and 2) I had previously set Voice Attack preferences to auto-load that profile at Voice Attack startup, which was causing the error you describe.

If you have the latest update then Singularity 1.1 and plugin version 2.11 should be reflected in the Voice Attack window as it starts up. There is no need for a separate profile for Kate vs the Cat -- that's the whole point of Elite: Singularity (it's one profile that all the voices + the Ship's Cat use). The Ship's Cat download is ~15 MB for me as well and kitty meows & howls perfectly fine in-game. If it's not working, I would try disabling your AV software temporarily while you re-install it. (I've scanned all my downloads from HCS and none of them trigger a virus alert on my PC.)

If you didn't customize any commands in Voice Attack, I would just delete all the existing profiles via the Voice Attack interface then re-add the latest Singularity profile -- if memory serves it can be found in <install drive>:\\Voice Attack\Sounds\<voicepack name>\Profile. I'm on my Mac at present so can't remember the exact folder name but that's the general location. It doesn't matter which voice pack you pick, if they're the latest version they should all have the latest Singularity and you only need to add it into Voice Attack once to get all of the packs to work.

You might also want to make sure that Voice Attack preferences are set to not try and auto-load the old profile. I had to figure that one out on my own after several tries to resolve the same error you described.

Comment

Working...
              X