Explorer Jump no longer targets star since Singularity 1.1 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer Jump no longer targets star since Singularity 1.1 update

As the title says, explorer mode jumps no longer target the star on exit from hyperspace. Astra speaks as though the command was executed, but I always have to manually target the star for scanning to begin. If there is no quick fix for this, is there any way to rollback to the prior functionality (i.e. using the menu to select the star)? This worked for me 99% of the time.

it was changed to pressing the target key instead as the panel opening was causing mass confusion
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Yes I read that, but having it press the target key isn't working. I'm not missing any bindings as far as I can tell.

Comment

I'll add, it almost seems like a timing issue. The "unexplored" indicator that the star is a valid target doesn't seem to appear until after the profile's keypress. At that point I can manually target it via keypress.
        Last edited by JoseyWales; 05-27-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

OK, definitely a timing issue for me. I modified ((Select Target Ahead)) and added a 3 second pause before the keypress, and this fixed it for me. That said, I feel like maybe this isn't the right place to put the pause, but I couldn't find whatever calls this. There is a sound that fires right before this keypress, and as it stands for me now, the delay is between that sound and the press, and it seems like the delay should really go before the sound. I don't think (so far) that my temp fix has caused me any other issues, as I don't believe that I use any other commands that include Select Target Ahead. I tend to do most of my targeting with hotas buttons.

In any event, I think this proves that there is an issue with the new implementation, and if I'm seeing it I have to believe it must be an issue for someone else too. If someone can tell me a better place to put the pause as a workaround until it's fixed by you guys I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

I'll look into it and yeah, that isn't the right place to put it. I also preferred it the old way but it had to be changed as people simply didn't understand what it was trying to do and it threw them into a panic
            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
            X