Astra's voice response is too early when exiting hyperspace 1.1 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra's voice response is too early when exiting hyperspace 1.1 update

Since the update, Astra now says, "Exiting Hyperspace" (or whatever the exact phrase is) about half-way through the jump, rather than at the end. In case it is relevant, interactions are all set to 'Non-Verbose' in the customiser Stations settings.

It's not just Astra (or you), I've experienced this with every voice.

Comment

Noted: Looking into it

I will note that I noticed this happen with the older profile as well...
      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

It seemed to be timed correctly for me prior to the update.

Comment

it's supposed to play during the jump, previous profiles were actually wrong and now it is correct. We will look at it some more though
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
            it's supposed to play during the jump, previous profiles were actually wrong and now it is correct. We will look at it some more though
            *shakes fist*

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Comment

I hate to disagree, but there's a saying, "The customer is always right." And in this case, I think there is scientific evidence to prove it. Please take another look?
              • The timing prior to 1.1 was actually more correct, where I'd hear, "Leaving hyperspace in 5...4...3...2...1" and then 1-2 seconds later, I'd exit hyperspace. The timing was appropriate and made sense. Now, it says "Leaving hyperspace in 5....4...3...2...1" and now it's 4-5 seconds later before it finally actually exits hyperspace. The timing is just really off now -- especially if you're counting down to 1 and then nothing happens at "1".
              • Another example: "Engaging exit protocols" should play 1-2 seconds before exit, not at the halfway point through the jump.
              • Another example: "Leaving system" speech timing is off, too. It's now playing several seconds into the jump instead of right at the start liked it used to.
              Everything else seems to be working fine and as expected, but hyperspace-related speech (at least during the actual hyperspace travel bit) definitely has a timing issue in Singularity 1.1. I've even heard Kate talk over herself during hyperspace travel with two different speeches overlapping. That never happened prior to 1.1.

Comment

You have to remember that some of these events are triggered by when the journal gets written to (and then the plugin has to go and read it)... and you don't want to actually read the journal hundreds (or even 10's) of times second...

Also, not every system jump takes the same amount of time... ((and I am not sure if it is indeed possible to know ahead of time as to how long it should be))

What I am trying to say, is that whilst i have noticed *Some* occurances of the countdown not matching up with a jump, I have to say that it isn't *every single* jump that it happens either... there are times when the countdown is spot on, maybe a second too early, maybe a second too late... (in those cases, that is when you might have double speech happen).

Comment

Well, I've been out exploring for the last month and a half, so I've heard this quite a lot in that time. I can say that in my case it was almost always correct prior to the update, and it is almost always noticeably way too early now.

Comment

What JoseyWales said ^^

I understand that RE: the journal, but is it possible changes were made to the relevant command(s) in 1.1 and in doing so, it changed the order / sequence so that things are being "read" sooner or later vs before and that's what's triggering the timing being off? I am 100% certain that for the exact same route I'm traveling (and thus, the same travel time), it worked flawlessly 99% of the time before Singularity 1.1 and is now noticeably "off" 100% of the time. It basically has done a complete 180 in how it functions.

It's a noticeably obvious difference vs prior behavior, else I wouldn't be posting about it. Obviously the Elite client hasn't been updated in the past two weeks (nor anything else about my system) and if all other variables are the same, the only thing that's changed in the past week is my update to Singularity 1.1.

Comment

JoseyWales by chance when you installed the latest updates, did you:
                      1. install them fresh from scratch, or
                      2. over an existing install, or
                      3. if you had things installed previously, uninstall everything first?
                      I had done option 2 and I'm wondering if we have that in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Galyock View Post
                        JoseyWales by chance when you installed the latest updates, did you:
                        1. install them fresh from scratch, or
                        2. over an existing install, or
                        3. if you had things installed previously, uninstall everything first?
                        I had done option 2 and I'm wondering if we have that in common.
                        2 & 3 actually. I tried #2, but had issues getting it to recognize that Singularity had been updated, which I resolved by deleting the profile & everything under the 'sounds' folder and then reinstalling. The plug-in, however, was over an existing install.

Comment

Hmm. Ok. So, I did that, and to resolve the update prompt issue I wiped everything, including the plugin, and started over. I noticed an improvement in the hyperspace timing, at least specifically for the countdown one ("Exiting hyperspace in 5...4...3...2...1") which now says "1" half a second before I exit hyperspace (like how it used to work). I was just wondering if the timing issue was at least in part caused by that. It's not a perfect fix though, as the timings still seem a little early on many other hyperspace exit bits.

Comment

we can't tell exactly when the exit will happen so sometimes they will be a little early...we've added a further 2s delay to the exiting sound so should be better and we're still testing it further
                            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X