Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customiser > Missing Keybind Report not responding.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customiser > Missing Keybind Report not responding.

VoiceAttack console gives a warning about missing key bindings. I access the Customiser dialogue and click on Missing Keybind Report, well over 90 seconds passes an there is no activity, title bar reports "(Not Responding)". I kill the process. I had already switched from a personal bindings file to Custom prior to all this as instructed in the setup video.

We have noticed that this tends to happens for those who *don't* run VA as admin.

If you want a more "complete" list of commands that require a keybind press though, you can always use this list

It is not complete, but it is only missing Galnet and weapon/engine color keybinds IIRC.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I had already set the properties on the .exe to Run As Administrator prior to this, though I do start it via a Start Tile. Can't find an properties for the tile to modify, but from the context menu I ran as administrator and the Missing Keybind Report worked.

Though the report could use some newlines. It also won't let me copy the info from the window so I can see it in my editor.

Comment

working on further improvements...
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I'm having similar issues. I have a Saitek X52 Pro and I'm using customized keybinds to take advantage of the multimode thing. (https://github.com/X52EliteSetup/X52-Pro)

When Singularity is loaded I get the message about the missing keybinds. When I open the customizer and hit the Missing Keybind Report, after a few seconds it just hangs there (I've waited several minutes) and I have to kill the process.

I run VoiceAttack as administrator, tried to give write permission to the folder where the keybinds are, etc. The thing is that depending on the keybind file I use it might work, but not with the one mentioned previously.

Is there any way to check for debug output o log messages?

Thanks!

Comment

If you look in the customiser you can tell VA where to look specifically for the bind folder.

Running VA as admin though changes where the %userprofile% variable points to, which means that it can be looking in the wrong location (as in, Instead of looking at your *current* userprofile location it is instead looking at the "windows admin account" userprofile locaiton.

Easy solution? Run VA as a normal user.

Comment

So far I haven't been able to make it work even as normal user, the setting to set the bindings folder always reset to the default value even after saving the settings. And I'm not even sure that I had been able to switch back from running it as admin to normal user. One thing is that I noticed is that running CMD as admin and printing out the %USERPROFILE% environment variable yields the same result as running it without admin permissions, so not sure if your suggestion would have worked anyway.

Thanks for the help though... As far as I can tell everything works fine so I'll just wait and see if this gets fixed. It's taking a bit to get used to the X52 Pro... might as well go back to my Thrustmaster T.16000.

Comment

Can you take a screenshot of your Voice Attack window when it loads up please. Press Alt+PrintScreen once the "Waiting for you to log into Elite" message crops up.

You can then attach it here (I would recommend one of the larger views

Comment

Said and done, also added one with the messages after opening the customizer and hanging up on the missing keybind report. There's also a file called BindingLoadingErrors.log with messages about missing devices
                  There where errors when loading preset file: Custom.2.0.binds
                  Failed to find GUID for device: 045E02E3 (this one is several times)

There where errors when loading preset file: HCS T16000MHOTAS.3.0.binds
                  Missing devices: T16000MTHROTTLE, T16000M
                  Not sure if it has to do with Singularity, but I'm more than happy to share any info I have.

Comment

The BindingLoadingErrors.log is generated by Elite Dangerous, whenever it tries to load up and the selected control scheme has devices that are not plugged in (or detected). It will then default to another "stock" profile.

Comment

Working...
                    X