Clear All

• ASTRA Echo !

Hello all,

Using latest VA beta (****.15)
    ASTRA installed
    Dark installed
    Celeste installed
    Ships Cat and Parrot installed
    Custom profile being loaded when latest Singularity initiates 99% for music control

So im down on a planet/moon looking for goodies. I find some blue & white canisters so I pick them up with my cargo scoop and can only carry 2 items. Off to the ship we go to transfer the cargo to the main ship. I approach the ship from behind, get into position and say 'Transfer Cargo'. Middle panel opens up showing my cargo which I transfer to the ship by hitting 'Transfer button.

All good up to here....I say 'close panel' at which point the panel does close up but ASTRA says 'Unable to comply' (even though the panel did close as requested). Further, When ASTRA says this, she says it twice at the same time making it sound like an echo.

It does this every time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the voice packs and also tried it without the ships cat or parrot installed and also not loading up my custom profile....Still the same !

Any Idea's anyone ???? Is this a Bug ????

Cheers Paul

I have not been able to get the voice pack to double speech.

I will look into the Transfer cargo though, that appears to just be a simple logic cock up in the command on ourside
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Gangrel,
      For what its worth, I had another play with this today after having a look at the command in Singularity which shows 'When I Say' as follow:

[open;close;] [role;bottom] [panel;screen]

If I say just 'close Panel' - I get: double echo of ASTRA saying 'Unable to comply'

if I say 'close Role panel' - I get: single voice of astra saying 'Unable to comply' (even though panel Closes)

if I say 'close bottom panel' - I get: single voice of astra saying 'Unable to comply' (even though panel Closes)

So it seams I only get the double voice when only saying 'close panel' after cargo transfer not the other combinations.

I'm only letting you know this out of interest as obviously this narrows it down a bit and people get into habits
      like saying certain things in their own way - I said 'Close Panel' whereas you MIGHT have said 'close role panel'
      when you tested it out and as a result you may have not got the echo version of ASTRA's statement.

In any other situation except this cargo transfer operation, if I open this bottom/role panel and say 'close panel' the
      panel closes and ASTRA says nothing.

Thanks
      Paul

Comment

if you want another situation which causes multiple voices firing at once then make sure the Parrot is installed......

go into 'protocol override customise my settings'......

in Extra content:

Set 'runs on every cmd' to 1

set min time to ZERO

Select Profane checkbox

Now....From inside a space station say 'Departure Handover'

Wait until the lift comes down and you begin to move forward on to it.....I get around 2 to 4 of Parrots MP3's all running at once, it
        sounds like a crazy Avery. Once you start going up to the pad it stops ! ! !

The only way to stop this is to set both the above to 1 or above

Regards
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Scambo View Post
          if you want another situation which causes multiple voices firing at once then make sure the Parrot is installed......

go into 'protocol override customise my settings'......

in Extra content:

Set 'runs on every cmd' to 1

set min time to ZERO

Select Profane checkbox

Now....From inside a space station say 'Departure Handover'

Wait until the lift comes down and you begin to move forward on to it.....I get around 2 to 4 of Parrots MP3's all running at once, it
          sounds like a crazy Avery. Once you start going up to the pad it stops ! ! !

The only way to stop this is to set both the above to 1 or above

Regards
          Paul
          Well what do you expect when you set it to run on every command with no delay?

To be honest, this is more of a case because we use multiple different commands to achieve one goal (hey, we kinda have to without hardcoding various things).
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Aha.....That makes perfect sense then, I should imagine when departure handover is being performed, quite a few commands are being fired almost at once

LOLOL

Comment

Working...
            X