Prepare for orbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for orbit

Prior to the latest Elite update, prepare for orbit worked as intended as you approached a planet for landing. Now, it does not work. When looking at the VA log, it gives an error that the command cannot be used from the SRV.

update your packs and profile
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I have the latest version of HCS Tools and all the latest packs and this command does not work for me either.

Comment

I too have seen problems with this. I'm not sure where it's at in my latest install as I haven't used it in a while, but my recollection is that it has been inconsistent at best.

I'll add more if I get a chance to use it anytime soon.

Comment

so far in testing I can see no issues with it...can you describe in detail what the problem is?
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

It's as if the command isn't there. Occasionally I get a confidence level error, but most times it's as if I haven't said anything. If I issue other commands in between attempts to "Prepare for Orbit" they work fine, but repeating Prepare for Orbit mostly just gets ignored or rejected. I do have my confidence levels up to prevent errors from background noise, but this is the only input that appears to be consistently ignored.

EDIT: Seems "Orbit Lines" has similar issue. I think "Orbit" might be having recognition difficulties in VA.
            Last edited by GJ51; 08-14-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Are you maybe getting commands confused? Prep for orbit is when you are approaching a planet, it slows you down and puts power to shields and engines. Launch to orbit will lift the ship off the ground, boost and engage supercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireytoad View Post
                Are you maybe getting commands confused? Prep for orbit is when you are approaching a planet, it slows you down and puts power to shields and engines. Launch to orbit will lift the ship off the ground, boost and engage supercruise.
                Not confused. I tested it several times yesterday as I hadn't done any planetary landings in a while and I wanted to confirm that the issue was still relevant. I'm pretty convinced that the word "orbit" is difficult to recognize easily by VA. I have my VA minimum confidence level set to 85 and min unrecognized set to 60. I do this to eliminate false input from background noise, but accept that it may be causing a problem with this particular command.

Finding the right balance is a process...

I may try adding a Voice Trigger edit to add "Prep for Landing" as a possible remedy.

EDIT: Added "Navigation Lines" to the "Orbit lines" trigger and it works fine now. VA seems to just not like some words with enough confidence to get above the threshold limits I have that I need to avoid false positives from background noise.
                Last edited by GJ51; 08-16-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X