Astra update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra update

I had to download and update Astra 2.02 to 2.03 manually. After it was done, the updater imported and updated another file that I wasn't aware of. I have about 7 voice packs installed and this was the only one that had issues
    Last edited by SpaceGhostC2C; 10-05-2019, 10:13 AM.

the auto updater currently only updates the profiles, we are working on adding the ability to update sound packs
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

So now what's the current "proper" method of updating Astra?

Hate to whine, but having thought this was an issue already solved, I'm a bit disappointed that this wan't communicated better.

I was told when the auto update procedure kept repeating the need to update, that I should check my firewall settings.

So - what do I need to do to get current. Verity seemed to not have an issue. Why would anyone intuitively see one work and not assume the other would update as well?

I do appreciate the effort, but that lack of notification on the current limitations is not appreciated.

So do I need to do a complete uninstall/reinstall? Just Astra? Just re-run an Astra install? Save binds? Save customization?

I'm pretty much lost on how to do this anymore.

Comment

If voicepack name is listed: download and rerun voicepack installer

If profile or plugin are listed, that is the HCStools (which can be done in the notification, or via a voicepack reinstall)

Binds/Customisations are linked to the profile and not to the voicepack itself. (apart from personal pack, but that is a different matter here)
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
        X