Vega - quieter voice than others?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vega - quieter voice than others?

Now that I am using the Singularity, I have noticed that Vega seems to be a lot quieter than my other two crewmen (Orion and Midnight). Perhaps the sound files need to be equalised across the board? I only have the three crewmen, so I can't say what the others are like.

Yes he was quieter mainly due to Mr spiner speaking quite softly himself. We did raise him slightly for this test so further feedback on that is welcome
    Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
    http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

He’s definitely quieter which is probably more of a problem because he’s in the same crew as Tom Baker! It’s not a massive issue.

Comment

LEO has the same issue, can hardly hear him when ASTRA is at normal volume.

Comment

The individual voice packs have different normalization levels from each other, which is what causes this. Before the format of the audio changed, we were able to use normalization tools to fix this and re balance the voice volumes to a more unified level. Now we have to wait for HCS to do it due to the format that's currently used (I personally haven't found any available freeware that's capable of doing it).

Now we have to hope that it will be addressed now that the Sigularity Beta makes this issue much more glaring. I find even within the same profile, some of the voice files are way too quiet when compared to the rest.

PLEASE HCS,... normalize all the voice files to the same level,... or at least to levels that make sense (IE: when a character yells, make it louder). When you have for example "Acknowledgement" responses that are all recorded at different volume settings, it just doesn't sound right.

Comment

this is actually very high on the list with Singularity. Some were done, tentatively but it's a lot more complicated than you think
            Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
            http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by nadon1 View Post
              The individual voice packs have different normalization levels from each other, which is what causes this. Before the format of the audio changed, we were able to use normalization tools to fix this and re balance the voice volumes to a more unified level. Now we have to wait for HCS to do it due to the format that's currently used (I personally haven't found any available freeware that's capable of doing it).

Now we have to hope that it will be addressed now that the Sigularity Beta makes this issue much more glaring. I find even within the same profile, some of the voice files are way too quiet when compared to the rest.

PLEASE HCS,... normalize all the voice files to the same level,... or at least to levels that make sense (IE: when a character yells, make it louder). When you have for example "Acknowledgement" responses that are all recorded at different volume settings, it just doesn't sound right.
              seeing as the .ogg file format (Ogg Vorbis) I am highly surprised that there are no free tools that will normalise. I always thought that Audacity supported it (quick look at the Audacity wiki shows that it does)
              1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
              2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
              3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
              4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
              WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
              X