Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default and HCS specific key assignments.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default and HCS specific key assignments.

Some questions and comments on key assignments.

1. Would it be possible to update the list of HCS default key assignments? I know that with the ED binds tool, this is less relevant, but it's a good guide and could also act as a list of mandatory assignments to make HCS work.

2. In ED there are separate assignments for "SHIP Toggle Camera Suite" and "SRV Toggle Camera Suite". Default behaviour is that if "SRV - Toggle Camera Suite" is not set it reverts back to "Ship Toggle Camera Suite". HCS does not accept this and throws an error that it's not assigned. ED does not allow the same key to be assigned, so an extra key is used on an already crowded keyboard. Since this is something I use (I suspect I'm not alone), a modifier is not a good solution. Would it be possible for HCS to revert back if "SRV Toggle Camera Suite" is not set.

3. IIRC there are were some hard coded keys in HCS, such as F3 for Run Diagnostics. Is this still the case, and is this the only one? Is there a list somewhere?

4. Earlier you had to use a modifier for the galaxy map key assignments for auto-plotting to work. Is this still the case for Singularity?

5. I have made an EDMap.txt for Norwegian keyboards. I know that including Norwegian characters in EDMap.txt would at least conflict with Danish and Swedish keyboards, possibly others, so that is not really an option. Is there any interest in collecting country specific EDMap.txt files anywhere. I could probably make Danish and Swedish versions as well if there is an interest.

Kind regards
    Gimi
    Here is a list of all the commands that Voice Attacks expects to be bound, and with what key as well. We do use modifier keys (ie Shift + L) so no need to put

1. it's on the to do list

2. I'll look at it

3. There are still some there, disabled by default. They are for enabling panel tracking by keypress or joystick if the user understands how to do it. Edit the profile and sort by shortcut to see them

4. It doesn't have to be a modifier just that those keys cant be the same as your UI panel keys

5. We'd love extra country specific files, that would be a great help for everyone
    Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
    http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I have finished the Norwegian EDMap.txt, including a "readme" file.
      I thought I would start on the Danish one, and quickly learned something which explains a lot of the issues I have had with key assignments earlier (I'm probably a bit slow here).

It turns out that VA doesn't support Danish keyboards. Currently VA only supports the keyboard layouts shown in the picture below.
      So when VA detects an unsupported keyboard it reverts to default which is the US keyboard.
      Elite Dangerous however, does recognise Danish characters, and there we have a mismatch. To get full access to all keys with a keyboard not supported by VA you would have to setup and play ED with a supported keyboard, and to ensure full HCS Voice Pack support, you should probably use a US keyboard layout.

So until VA supports Danish keyboards, a Danish EDMap.txt is on hold.
      I'll get started on the Swedish one.

Comment

Gimi: Its worth bringing this up over on the VA forums (about the supported languages part). It looks like Gary might have some work ahead of him
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I have created EDMap.txt files for Norway and Sweden (included in attachment).
        NOTE: These are mostly untested. I would very much like some help in testing them, especially the Swedish EDMap.
        If someone could quickly go through the readme files and correct the spelling and punctuation mistakes, it would be great.

Some advice on how the creators of HCS Voice Packs want this to be made available would also be great. They are free to use this in any way they wish.
        Attached Files

Comment

great! Post em up and we'll include them with the plugin in the packs.
          Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
          http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

The zip file with Norwegian and Swedish EDMap.txt files is attached to my post above
            Please take a look at the read me. You can use it as you like if it's relevant. There are separate readme files for Norwegian and Swedish, both in English. They include the changes made to each EDMap.txt file.

Comment

It just occurred to me that Norwegian and Swedish EDMap.txt can be combined into one file without conflicts.
              Attached is a combined Norwegian/Swedish EDMap.txt with readme for list of changes to EDMap.txt.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X