Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity Delay in response

Hi,
    So far Singularity is working fine with just one voice pack (ALIX). I've not modified my keybindings to include the 2 dozen or so missing keybindings detected by Singularity (mostly driving ones). The one minor concern I have is that it responds to voice commands several seconds slower than the default ALIX profile. This has resulted in many cases where I take manual control (I use a switch on my X52 Pro vs. a 2nd or 3rd attempt with VA).

My computer is running Windows 10, Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB Quad Channel RAM, Oculus Touch for VR in ED, Saitek X52 Pro, running VA and EDMC Connector during ED gameplay

I'm pretty sure it's not a resource issue as ALIX responded nearly immediately and Singularity takes up to 3-5 seconds to respond.

Thanks.

Under "Customisations" in the profile, you can change the delay

We felt that it was better for a "Works for everyone" delay, rather than the "Works for 90% of people".

I personally have my delay something *stupid fast* so that request docking is *faster* than me doing it manually (ie less than 0.25 seconds)
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

hey I'm trying out the latest update and have switched to using Singularity. This has me asking the same question posed above... I'm not used to this delay and it's got me repeating myself a lot thinking it didn't hear me or whatever. Where are these customisation settings located? I'm not finding it in Voiceattack. Is there a txt file I need to modify somewhere?

Comment

we're not seeing any delays here in testing so I can't give you a quick answer to this issue atm
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I was watching Bwana's stream on Twitch and he was having a significant delay problem when he first loaded singularity. But his VoiceAttack also had a handful of other plugins/addon things running like old EDDB installs and stuff. So he would say a command - and it would be like 3-5 seconds before Voice Attack responded. So if that's the delay - do you have other addons or plugins installed? If you've been using VoiceAttack for some time, it might be worth cleaning or even reinstalling cleanly. Just trying to be helpful.

Comment

increasing VA's priority level in task manager also helps tons, I run mine that way permanently
            The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I just tried increasing priority to realtime. Still experiencing multisecond delays, which are a new phenomena since this latest update / switching to singularity (from Orion).

On a new 8700k based build with everything running super smooth in general even in VR. It was working fine before I upgraded. Let me know if there's anything you need like DXDiag or whatever... I'd be shocked if I was the only one experiencing this. I was hoping Gangrel's response meant there was a simple variable I could change. Ah well... I only use voice for rare commands like deploying landing gear and things, so this isn't game breaking for me... just a bit annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated though.
              Last edited by M00NSH0T; 03-01-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Has there been any motion on this? I seem to be experiencing the same thing, and it seems to be getting worse. I've always noticed a slight delay since switching to Singularity, but as of today it is even worse. And it's the same after a reboot, so it doesn't seem to be a one-off problem. Definitely enough latency so that I can't rely on it for time-critical commands.

Comment

This is hard to pin down

Comment

I also asked about this at the VoiceAttack forum, and it was suggested to try a new voice recognition profile. Apparently it's known that the MS voice profiles can get gummed up over time, depending on the environment. I'm going to try a new profile, and if that helps, the further suggestion is to check 'Disable adaptive recognition' in the VA settings, because in noisy environments that's what can cause the profile to go nuts.

I'll give this a try (hopefully tonight) and if it helps I'll post back here in case it's helpful info for someone else.

Comment

Hi JoseyWales , just a question to your setup: Windows 10 the latest "1803"?
                      ... it's so dark around me!
                      Thx to ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA and MIDNIGHT
                      And sometimes I have a drink with CECIL...

Comment

RoundAbout : Yes, that's the Windows version.

I did finally get around to creating a new profile, and it did significantly improve the latency issue, but now I'm dealing with accuracy issues. I've already trained it 6+ times, which was a blast, I must say. Still dealing with having to repeat commands and even some stuff being triggered incorrectly, which I didn't deal with much before.

I'm starting to think that some of my issues stem from the fact that I'm using the mic built into the HTC Vive, so I'm now heading down that path as far as solutions go.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseyWales View Post
                          RoundAbout : Yes, that's the Windows version.

I did finally get around to creating a new profile, and it did significantly improve the latency issue, but now I'm dealing with accuracy issues. I've already trained it 6+ times, which was a blast, I must say. Still dealing with having to repeat commands and even some stuff being triggered incorrectly, which I didn't deal with much before.

I'm starting to think that some of my issues stem from the fact that I'm using the mic built into the HTC Vive, so I'm now heading down that path as far as solutions go.
                          Importing a new profile would still use the existing speech recognition profile (they are treated differently by voice attack).

The HTC Vive mic... yeah, the less said about that the better. Even in basic voice comms, it can be worse quality than built in laptop mic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post

Importing a new profile would still use the existing speech recognition profile (they are treated differently by voice attack).

The HTC Vive mic... yeah, the less said about that the better. Even in basic voice comms, it can be worse quality than built in laptop mic.
                            Yeah, I was specifically referring to a new speech recognition profile, and I got rid of the existing default speech profile, which did seem to help with latency. Didn't change anything to do with the voice pack.

I did a little research on the Vive mic issues, and realized that AGC was on in the recording device settings. I turned that off, plus I added a makeshift pop screen made out of one of those felt pads that go under furniture legs, and it seems to be significantly better. I had a much easier time training yet another speech profile. I haven't had time to play yet, but I'm pretty optimistic that my command recognition will be better now.
                            Last edited by JoseyWales; 06-12-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X