This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's it going?

We're heavily into the dev of Singularity and updates are coming...but I just wanted to ask how are you all getting on with it? What do you like, what don't you like, what could we add or even what could we change to make it work better? New commands or changes to existing commands? Now's your chance to get it in, if it's feasible to do and doesn't detract from actually playing the game...
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Betas is awesome! Definitely the best thing to hit voice packs since.... Uh, voice packs...

What I like:
    - "Crew command roster - Assign a new crew" I'm up to 9 packs now, and it's nice to see them all go into rotation.
    - The assignable roles.

What don't I like:
    - No way (that I'm aware of) to let crew know you have a docking module. It gets tiresome having to tell your AI No Thank You when she tries to redundantly lower your landing gear.
    - The roles seem a little uneven. It'd be nice to have one crew handle all of the ship moving based commands (speed settings, ftl, takeoffs and landings), one to handle all interface related things (consoles, system and galaxy map - I love Eli for this-, etc.), and so on... I doubt you'll ever get a perfect mix that pleases everybody, so possibly some utility or instructions for customizing?
    - Miss my ship's cat.(I know. I know. It's coming.)

Suggestions for possible features?
    - AI changes at stations (configurable). For those who have more packs than crew roles having a yes/no request come in when you dock at certain station types for certain crew members to come aboard. Something like the extra story bits that go into your character introduction videos.
    - AI interaction. Obviously this couldn't be terribly complicated, but maybe a random chance for some of the random snarks the various AI's direct at you to be triggered when another AI says or does a particular action. This would be a lot of work, but I imagine players would really enjoy something like this. Would be really immersive.
    - The ability to trigger a verbal command list. There are so many commands I can never keep track. Obviously you can't use the voice actors to read out all the commands, but voice attack's text to speech would work. I'm envisioning something like a command set with: "List command categories/types", "List (category/type) commands", and the most important "Shut up!" for when it's repeated the one you couldn't remember and you're done with it.

Comment

great...

1...docking module detection is definitely coming. It's in the journal info so it's on the todo list
      2...yeah balance is a hard one as it depends how you play...we'll keep addressing it
      3...hissssssss

4...AI changing at stations, now that's interesting. We put in the ability to assign crew per ship for when you change a ship. I'm not sure how we'd approach stations but it's a good idea
      5...interaction mode the same way as before is coming...we have plans to re approach this completely at some point
      6...verbal command list no but we also have an idea with this that you'll love. It's planned to be looked at after we're out of beta

Comment

I think it's an excellent job... have to say that I'm very impressed. I don't know whether the FD API has improved or your journal reader has been expanded but I seem to spend less time having to 'run diagnostics etc'.

For me, Celeste has been a very welcome addition and hope there will be additions in the future.

In addition to the points Fail Forward made, I would love to see some form of interaction between the AIs, from the odd snarky comment to full-on bust-ups. At least some acknowledgement that other AIs are present.

The only other thing I can think of is improving your setup guides. With the single profile, it does make things far simpler but expanding the guide to include an FAQ on installing the extra components (galaxapedia etc). Specifically, all in one place. At the moment, the info does exist but it's not all in the same place. Another one is that VA must be set to Integrated Components. Initially, I couldn't get Singularity to work. It accepted my commands but there were no vocals. I found the solution on the forums and now it's all good but would have been nice to have all info in one place.

Comment

Being so used to Multi-Crew its like I have not walked away.. I love multi crew integration and this profile seems to work great for me.

No real faults spring to mind at this current time but other's here probably use it way more than I do in game as I only do short missions and such so I do not push the boundaries very often of Voice Attack.

Comment

Hi, I love it, so much so, have bought a third voicepack today, and will buy more soon, when I am more familiar with it all, but so far so good

I know it's a different company making the musicpacks, but I can't get a musicpack to work in Singularity, another thing is I have loaded some of the add ons in the Astra pack, but on some of the add ons I get multiple messages saying that if I import it my keybindings will change

Comment

Singularity is a beta, don't add in any other profiles. Any that we provide will be made singularity compliant on full release. As for other companies profiles, well that's really up to them

Comment

Same as all of the above, I love it. Yes the documentation could use a little more attention (like "Integrated components" settings).

The only constructive comment I could make is probably similar to ones made above:

Each AI has their own 'character' which, when used on their own, shines out. Sadly however, with them grouped together in Singularity they seem rather 'sterile', gone are the pithy comebacks and snide remarks, instead they seem to have been 'distilled' down to their baser functions.

Naturally as this is beta, I'm sure you already have this element covered, but I thought I should just put this on record as you requested.

Comment

how "verbose" you want the characters is customisable in the ((Customisation)) cmd...have a play and see how it is....character flavour is not something we will lose, Paul is reviewing all of them

Comment

Singularity is great even with only two packs I currently own (Astra + Orion).
                    I noticed one issue last night, apart from the missing command for "Send standard greeting" I already reported.
                    When Invoke mode is set to on, I am asked if I want power transferred to shields, but I am never asked if the landing gear should be deployed etc.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by Bhillard; 11-07-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I love it!
                      Missing still the galaxypedia and features ASTRA had in full house. But having several voices now is fantastic.
                      I am missing also -since I am a casual player- a place to look up the news about which VA Version I should be running or what the actual version of the singularity profile is. I mean, do we get mailed or something?

Well, I have one funny thing: Shattner is opening the left panel, when I ask him for "quick comms" on the first try.

Very good work!

Comment

I'm loving it.

Bought another two HCS VoicePacks (now got six in total)...this time...Celeste and Vasco.

The only commands I've created and use in conjunction to what you provide is the following...any variation of these would be very welcome;

"Approach" = Turn on orbit lines, set throttle to 75%, ((RS) Affirmative)
                        I only use this when on route to a station or outpost (ie not when landing on planets.

"Exit Station" = set throttle to 25%, turn off orbit lines, ((RS) Affirmative)
                        I issue this command after "Handover Departure" command completes (ie ship 30 meters up off the deck)

Something I'd like you to add if possible...
                        After asking for docking permission, if request is approved, say the pad number and relative position in pad.

Cheers
                        Clicker
                        Last edited by clicker; 11-14-2017, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clicker View Post
                          I'm loving it.

Bought another two HCS VoicePacks (now got six in total)...this time...Celeste and Vasco.

The only commands I've created and use in conjunction to what you provide is the following...any variation of these would be very welcome;

"Approach" = Turn on orbit lines, set throttle to 75%, ((RS) Affirmative)
                          I only use this when on route to a station or outpost (ie not when landing on planets.

"Exit Station" = set throttle to 25%, turn off orbit lines, ((RS) Affirmative)
                          I issue this command after "Handover Departure" command completes (ie ship 30 meters up off the deck)

Something I'd like you to add if possible...
                          After asking for docking permission, if request is approved, say the pad number and relative position in pad.

Cheers
                          Clicker
                          I'd love to get the pad number too, but since the profiles don't contain a spoken "0" (correct me if I'm wrong), it might get problematic I think.

EDIT: Astra contains some spoken "0" (not a simple "zero" sound file though). But that's the least problematic profile actually, since it's a synthetic voice. The other might need either sampling or recording some new "lines"

On another topic, I'd love to get news for the next beta of Singularity... It's been awfully quiet about that on here since the "at the end of the week", almost 2 weeks ago.
                          Last edited by Sasha1378; 12-16-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

almost there, we found a major bug at the last minute

We cannot get landing pad info as Elite does not provide enough information. Eddi uses the eddb to piece enough information together and at this time we are unable to access the eddb with our packs.

Comment

Singularity is saying it all - can't even recognise one voice - so overall - not impressed and don't see the reason to fork out for other voice packs when eden doesn't recognise me to start with.

NetwiseIT

Comment

Working...
                              X