This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
    We're heavily into the dev of Singularity and updates are coming...but I just wanted to ask how are you all getting on with it? What do you like, what don't you like, what could we add or even what could we change to make it work better? New commands or changes to existing commands? Now's your chance to get it in, if it's feasible to do and doesn't detract from actually playing the game...
    Well, I just joined the forum. I have no idea what Singularity is. I wish I knew. Any place where I can get some information about it?

Comment

Originally posted by CmdrKantosKan View Post

Well, I just joined the forum. I have no idea what Singularity is. I wish I knew. Any place where I can get some information about it?
      If you look in the 'profiles' folder of your chosen voice pack, you'll find a folder named 'singularity beta' with a readme file and link to YouTube video explanation.

Comment

I recently got Vega and in both standard and singularity he won't respond to his "flavor chat" queues. "I have something for you." "Ok, go on." (command ignored)
        "Do you like dogs?" (command ignored - you need to feed the cat before he'll talk to you)
        Any advice?

Comment

Chats which are specific to each pack are not in yet. We are looking at the best way to add them
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

I have five packs and like the idea of singularity and hope that it gets worked out completely. I have noticed that the 'Handover for departure' command seems to trigger random responses from the packs. I have Astra, Kate, Eden, Jazz (which I have come to despise) and Vega, with Vega as my number one (and his queues not responding is a drag). After issuing 'Handover for departure' Eden or Astra will break into some soliloquy while the others are giving their queues. Rather annoying.

Comment

Do you have interaction mode on?

What do you mean Vega's queues not responding?

Comment

I have the same issue with Astra. She says something like "Commander, can I speak for a moment?" and I've tried everything on the Astra cheat sheet and she'll never reply.

Comment

I'm not sure what is on the cheat sheet you are looking at but these are Astra's replies:

[okay;yes] Go ahead [please;]; Go on [please;]; [yes;] I’m listening; You have my attention; You may speak freely; [of course;] Continue

Comment

• Djuwanna
                    Djuwanna commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I noticed that too - it seems to be in Astra but not Singularity?

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                  I'm not sure what is on the cheat sheet you are looking at but these are Astra's replies:

[okay;yes] Go ahead [please;]; Go on [please;]; [yes;] I’m listening; You have my attention; You may speak freely; [of course;] Continue
                  Hmm, I'll try again tonight but I tried "Go ahead" and "I'm listening", and neither worked (Or so I thought). I'll update after trying later :-) Thank you!

Comment

• TheThingIs
                    TheThingIs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let me know, if it isn't working for you then I'll certainly look into it and fix it if there is an issue

Greetings, Salutations and Felicitations!

I've been playing with Singularity now (and both patches) for a bit and I feel I'm ready to make a couple of suggestions. I love how it's coming along, but I think there's still some room for tweaking.

Bear in mind that this is based on my personal tastes and experiences, but I have found that by using the (referenced) profile function I can do an awful lot by copying commands out of Singularity to the (referenced) profile and making changes there, keeping Singularity pristine and only needing to keep track of which commands I have to delete each patch as they are superseded by my customization, and VoiceAttack currently does not allow me to prefer a (referenced) profile over the base profile - rather the other way around. However I think that some of these things might be better suited to be part of the base profile, so...

Onto the list!

1. State Tracking

This is my number one thing. You had this once in the past...a Boolean variable to track the current state of Hardpoints, Landing Gear, Cargo Scoop, Flight Control, Lights, Orbit Lines (ok, that one is so minor)...really, anything with an on/off toggle state. Using the capabilities of the (referenced) profile function I've added these variables back in and modified some Singularity commands (referenced of course) to flip the toggles. Also added a "Reset [Cargo Scoop;Landing Gear;Hardpoints;Lights;Flight Control]" voice command to zero out these options in case they're out of sync (ala "Run Diagnostics.") I still occasionally am finding an out of sync state, but overall it's working VERY well for me and I'm fixing the glitches as I stumble on them. Autodocking had me going for a bit until I realized there's a Journal command that runs when you dock, so I just added "Set (Landing-Gear) Equals "True"" into that and no more problems on takeoff with the landing gear being out of sync.

2. "Forgetful Man's Fixes"

This goes hand-in-hand with my Item #1 - I'm always forgetting to stow the cargo scoop, retract the hardpoints, deselect my wingman, etc., usually when I try to jump out of normal space back into Supercruise (or Hyperspace) after a USS/Interdiction type event. So I modified my "jump" commands to check the Boolean state of these items and put them where they belong so I can get on with my jump, and I just run a "Wingman Navlock" automatically now when deploying hardpoints, which effectively deselects my wingman if he's selected and does nothing if he's not my current target, so now I don't drop back in on him after leaving the instance.

3. "Reverse" toggle at current rate of speed

I seem to recall that this too was once in the profiles, and I know it's a command referenced in the Options in-game that can be keybound. It's really annoying to hit my "reverse" command when I 'just barely' overshoot pad 26 in a Coriolis station and find myself being slammed full-speed into the wall behind me. Mind you, I DO like the ability to reverse at specific rates, but I miss a simple "go backwards as fast as my throttle is currently set to go forwards" type of a toggle.

4. "Landing Gear Retracted"

A minor thing, and again I've compensated, but I miss having this said after a "Takeoff" command is issued as I leave the pad. Maybe we could add that back in? Again, a personal taste thing, so your call.

5. Stepping on voices

Still seeing some instances of voice responses stepping on each other - multiple sounds playing simultaneously, usually with some of the question/response commands towards the end of the script (like multiple "jumping" voices after a "Would you like me to clear the area and prepare for jump?" question is answered in the affirmative.) I'll try to take some notes next time it happens so I can be more precise, but I think you are probably already aware of this and are working on it. It's housekeeping stuff.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few wishlist items, so don't be surprised if I add some more later when I remember them again, and thanks for all the hard work!

Fly Safe,

...CMDR Djuwanna

Comment

some great suggestions

1 & 2: we made a decision a long time ago to not track these until we can be sure of their state. We see enough issues with tracking the panels that we simply can't do it. It may be done with the planned "experimental add-in" which you would use at your own unsupported choice but not in the main mass released profile.

3: That has been mentioned before so I'll look at adding that

4. The command has always been "departure handover". If you do it docked it does the full launch sequence but if you use launch then this is the command which takes you up 30m and retracts gear.

5. We do want to stamp these out where possible so specifics would be great so we can track them down.

Comment

• Djuwanna
                      Djuwanna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Regarding #4, it DOES this but it apparently no longer SAYS "Landing Gear Retracted" even though it retracts the gear. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I'm writing this as I approach the Skvortsov Settlement in Tau Bootis, with Archer as my First Officer and Astra, as allocated by Archer, doing the Science shiz. I'm loving this but Astra may be in a huff - Archer only came onboard last night and already he's First Officer...maybe she's got a right to have a 'Face On.'

So it wasn't until last night that I tried out Singularity, meaning I had to buy my second VP and handily Archer's pack is currently on sale at a great price, and having that level of interaction brings the games immersion to incredible levels. I've literally just escaped an interdiction with Archer declaring "how dare they," quite out of the blue. This is what I imagined as a little boy when I played the original Elite 30-ish years ago; a virtual ship deck, a virtual crew and near 100% immersion in the game (imagination is always the greatest leader obviously but the bigger the spark the better.)

As a low-tech person my suggestions will be lead by that aspect, reiterating the desire and need for you guys continuing to do everything possible to make installation, set-up and editing of commands etc as clear, concise and easy to find as possible. Frankly I've had no issues whatsoever with installation but the editing concerns me so I'm still Youtubing, Googling etc etc to help out there. I'd include in this having some more in depth details in how you can spark off the banter, conversations and so on with your AI to help everyone really get the most from these amazing packs.

Current issues; if from reading above Astra's GalaExpedia, Quotes and so on are currently 'off' in Singularity then that's cool, I obviously don't have a problem, if that's not the case then I appear to have lost them. I can get my First Officer to assign roles, again with only two of them, but I can't seem to find a way to get them to share the roles I want them to share. It seems they stick with the last role I assigned them - are we able to assign all the roles to specific VP characters if there are only, say, two?

As mentioned above, there is some 'stepping on toes' in the verbal communication. It's most noticeable for me during the Handover For Takeoff sequence. Archer says his bit, Astra pops up with reminder that the gear is now up and I miss, for immersion purely, the Base Comms chatter - get that all sequenced nicely and what a Universe.

I'm a tightwad, I very very rarely buy any form of DLC but your packs transform this game and I will buy more, so thank you all and long may it continue

Comment

I lost a command I liked, and always felt it could be expanded...

the 'roster' command.

There should be 3 versions of it...

1) Ships Roster (read by #1): have all the voice packs that can be used by the player (maybe even the Ships Core by having the PC TTS reply as well, making it sort of integrated), including the cat
                      2) Active Roster (read by #1): The crew that is on active duty
                      3) Sound Off (or) Everyone Ready?: This would have each active voice give a affirmative ready (short and verbose) indicating they are ready with whatever is coming. Also can end with #1 saying everyone has checked in and is ready (or something along those lines)

I have written my own version (not well coded) for 2 and 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X