Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery scan command is not executed

Hi All,

Since I use the Singularity update and ASTRA it will not execute the command "Discovery scan" or any of the ones with the same outcome. The command is recognised by VoiceAttack. ASTRA is telling me that the system map has been updated etc. but it is not and when I manually perform the Discovery scanner It will show me there are new discoveries and only the the system map gets updated.. I checked all the bindings but can't find an error. Also when starting up VoiceAttack I don't get any binding errors. Is this a confirmed bug or do I miss something?

Discovery Scanner needs to be set to secondary fire of your fire group in Elite Dangerous.

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Ahh ok, I believe it is set to the first indeed. Will take a look and report back.
      thanks for the feedback..

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
        Discovery Scanner needs to be set to secondary fire of your fire group in Elite Dangerous.
        it was bind to primary fire group indeed. Changed it and works back again. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          So, I was under the impression that the bindED plugin function when VA starts detects and maps the binds.
          It doesn't work for the primary and secondary fire binding then?

Clicker

Comment

I had this problem too. You need to have the secondary fire bound to an actual keypress, not just a joystick button.

Comment

I do.

I have both primary fire and secondary fire bound to key presses.

Yet Discovery scan only works if it’s a secondary fire?
              If I understand the function correctly, this does not make sense when the whole reason for bindED is to ensure the HCS Voicepacks sends the right keys.

Happy to be corrected.

Clicker

Comment

Originally posted by clicker View Post
                I do.

I have both primary fire and secondary fire bound to key presses.

Yet Discovery scan only works if it’s a secondary fire?
                If I understand the function correctly, this does not make sense when the whole reason for bindED is to ensure the HCS Voicepacks sends the right keys.

Happy to be corrected.

Clicker
                Yes, bindED is to ensure that VA the correct keys.

HOWEVER, we have no way of telling if you have the discovery scanner set to primary or secondary fire. The game does not give us that information. So, if we told VA to press "primary or secondary fire"... it would either do something, fire off the discovery scanner, potentially fire off your weapons.

But instead we keep it to the 2ndary fire, and tell users to set the disco scanner to 2ndary fire. Hell, if you are in a weapon setup with no disco scanner, the scan system command will *still* fire off the 2ndary fire (or attempt to if nothing is assigned).

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
                2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
                3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
                4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
                WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Ok, understand now....thanks for the explanation.

Clicker

Comment

i have the same exact issue. and it says that. iff i use any other profile seperatley, there is no absolute problem... I can't figure it out :/

Comment

other profiles used right mouse click, Singularity it has to be a keypress...read above
                      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
                      X