Singularity Beta 2 Random Sounds error messages all crewmembers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity Beta 2 Random Sounds error messages all crewmembers

Whenever at attempt is made to play a 'random sound' form within a command get the following error (example is for MinuS, but same for Verity)

13:14:47 - Random sound directory contains no playable files - C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-minus\profile sounds\Questions\((rs - in a moment))\verbose\

All voicepacks were installed exactly as per the installation instructions and use the default path as specified.

The above example directory after installation/import of profiles is empty except for a file called 'Delete me when adding sound files .See
    Manual'

did you fully uninstall the packs before updating them?
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Yes I did.. although the installation instructions DO NOT TELL YOU TO UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VCERSIONS OF THE PACKS. I had to work that out by trial and error. The install instructions only specify uninstalling the PLUGINS, then install the new Plugins and run setup.exe for the voicepack. (Note the instructions also do not properly specifiy what to do if installing multiple updated voice-packs (as many people will be doing). If you follow the instructions TO THE LETTER you would uninstall the plugins, then install the new plugiuns, then run the setup for the first voicepack, then uninstall the plugins (totally daft .. you just installed them) then reinstall the updated plugins (again!) the run the setup for the 2nd voicepack, etc etc repeated for each voicepack.. I think the instructions need a rewrite to cater for multiple voicepacks (and the ship's cat).

Comment

normally it doesn't really matter but with singularity we have altered and changed a lot of the sounds so installing over the top will mess it up...and yes instructions do need a rewrite but we can't until singularity is out of beta and finalised

Comment

OK, so let's get this straight, because I'm having the same issue. We need to first completely uninstall all the packs and the plugin.exe, then install all the new packs, then install any one of the plugin.exe files, is that correct?

Comment

plugins haven't actually changed for this release but all the sounds have so uninstalling the packs is necessary

Comment

Ok have completly reinstalled the 6 voice packs (for some reason singularity doesnt seem to find one as it only sees 5 but i suspect that its ASTRA that is causing the problem as I called the folder hcspack-astra rather than HCSpack). Any way started VA and just checked by saying crewman alix and got the following error
              "15:34:41 - Random sound directory does not exist - F:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-alix\Profile sounds\Singularity\((rs - name reply))\verbose"

when i checked that folder I noticed that the ((rs - name reply)) doesnt exist, there is however a name reply captain and name reply commander. do you have to set if you will be captain or commander now? if so how as I cant find that command.

EDIT
              Ok just reinstalled Astra and she is now working and called for galaxy map (decided to try a different command) and got the following error :
              "15:47:15 - Random sound directory does not exist - F:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-alix\Profile sounds\Acknowledgements\((rs - acknowledgements))\verbose"

the same issue as before, there is a captain and a commander folder but not a plain acknowledgements folder

well after checking a bit further I decided to set the crew and got the following :
              16:16:39 - Random sound directory does not exist - F:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profile sounds\Singularity\((rs - crew assigned))\non-verbose
              16:16:39 - Random sound directory does not exist - F:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-verity\Profile sounds\Singularity\((rs - crew assigned))\verbose
              16:16:41 - Random sound directory does not exist - F:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-alix\Profile sounds\Singularity\((rs - crew assigned))\verbose
              16:16:41 - Random sound directory does not exist - F:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack-celeste\Profile sounds\Singularity\((rs - crew assigned))\verbose

as such the issue with missing files/folder appears to be something across most of the packs I have, I say missing files as I have looked in various folder across the packs I have and some of them seem to be empty so not sure if this is by design or the files just havnt been added.

Ok been working on this and think I may have found the cause of the problem. after reimporting the new singularity vap file again things have started working as they should after I deleted the old VA profile but will have to keep an eye on this just in case it doesnt sort it out. But if anybody else gets this error try reimporting the new singularity vap file again
              Last edited by GreyAB; 12-23-2017, 06:55 PM. Reason: think I may have sorted the issue out
              "My shoulder angel and shoulder devil agree more often than not. Should I be worried?"

Comment

Alix has no sound files in her singularity verbose directory when calling the command prep for orbit all other members do there bit

Comment

sounds like you were using v1 of singularity then

Please post the Alix issue as a separate bug thread and we'll look into it in the new year. It could be by design or we've missed it.

Comment

Working...
                  X