Eli, Midnight, Astra, launch and other things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli, Midnight, Astra, launch and other things

I have Eli running as my number one and I give the command to launch. Some of the times he will end the sequence by saying "retracting landing modules" yet he doesn't actually retract the landing modules automatically. Is this expected?

I have Midnight as helm. I notice him saying "fine" or "ok" usually 5-10 seconds after either giving a "launch" or "request docking" commands. He says it out of the blue but he never asked for anything before it.

I have ASTRA in steering role. Every once in a while, ASTRA will say to me "I have something to say" or "May I have your undivided attention?" I can't get her to respond after that. I have tried "Yes", "what is on your mind", "what do you have to say", "you have my attention", "crewman ASTRA Yes", "crewman ASTRA, you have my attention", "crewman ASTRA, what do you want to say": what is the correct response?

I believe I have verbose settings and interactive mode turned on yet I don't get the usual requests like "do you want to deploy landing gear" after request docking. Is not in Singularity yet?

I didn't see the Singularity 2.01 patch. I have applied it and will test it out tonight. See if the same behaviors I listed above continue.

Comment

I applied the 2 latest patches for singularity beta. I haven't changed any of the crew member's roles.

I think you fixed Eli's launch sounds, I didn't hear him talk about automatically retracting landing module when launching.
      Astra seems to respond better when she asks for my attention and I tell her she has my full attention.

I still don't get anyone asking if I want to raise shields or deploy landing gear on docking. I have turned invoke on.

I still have Midnight at helm. After I give the command to "request docking" or "launch", I get Midnight saying "ok" or "fine" around 10 seconds. The time between my command and his response, he did not say anything else so I don't know what he is responding to.

I also see "Correcting crew assignment anomaly: all science roles reassigned to Eli". Is this a problem?

Comment

Correcting the anomaly is perfectly fine. It's doing some error checking and correcting any problems it's found. Likely caused when you were switching profiles and applying the patches. It's only a problem if you see this often.

Invoke is by default set to random so you can change that to always ask the question in ((Customisation 1)). It's also dependant on the pack that you have assigned to that questions role having the question. Assign Astra to all roles and apply the always on change and then test it. Astra is the only pack that has ALL the questions.

The commands to reply to an interaction question are "[okay;yes] Go ahead [please;]; Go on [please;]; [yes;] I’m listening; You have my attention; You may speak freely; [of course;] Continue" and only work for Astra.
        The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

so no thoughts on why Midnight is doing what he is doing?

Comment

• TheThingIs
            TheThingIs commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll certainly take a look at Midnight as soon as I have a sec. Noted in bug reports to test it.

Originally posted by IntX View Post
          I think you fixed Eli's launch sounds, I didn't hear him talk about automatically retracting landing module when launching.
          Eli is still going straight into, 'affirmative. 30 metres...etc.' with me when using the 'departure handover' command, before the lift is even out of the hangar. I'm using the 2.02 Singularity patch.

Comment

I am confused if helm or engineering station is the one that asks you if you want to lower the landing gear after request docking (with Invoke on). I ran a 2 hour session, with Midnight at helm and engineering, hitting a variety of stations. He never once asked me to lower the landing gear but I would hear "fine" after request docking. When I switched out Midnight for Minus in both helm and engineering, I got Minus asking to lower landing gear after request docking. I have 2.02 patch going. I am reporting that Midnight is having problems with invoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Marcus Calvert View Post
              Eli is still going straight into, 'affirmative. 30 meters...etc.' with me when using the 'departure handover' command, before the lift is even out of the hangar. I'm using the 2.02 Singularity patch.
              I noticed the conflict with that as well. The conflict (when using departure handover) seems this: Eli (who is my number one) is initiating the "launch" and does all the diagnostic checks,etc. At the end of his speech, he says the "30 meters..." and gets cut off by helm (for me: Midnight) who cuts in with "ascending 30 meters and handing over control".

TheThingIs, I don't think this is a big deal from an overall perspective. I bet your team has better things to fix ahead of this.

Comment

Working...
              X