Binding error!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding error!

I have followed the instruction of the bindings video and those bindings worked like a charm on the ASTRA profile.(All buttons set up as secondary on my x52 pro profile making it custom)
    But since i've switched to singularity it keeps giving me an error that the ASTRA profile does not give me with the same bindings.
    Since i changed to singularity my bindings are giving me this error:

The following is a list of keys which MUST be bound to a keypress for all commands to function.
    It doesn't matter what key you bind as long as there is one. You can use modifiers as well so
    something like ALT+A or CTRL+A are fine too.

Elite keybind not setup: Weapons: Secondary fire
    Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Charge ECM
    Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Weapon colour
    Elite keybind not setup: Miscellaneous: Engine colour
    Elite keybind not setup: Galaxy Map:Galaxy cam translate right cannot be the same as Interface mode: UI panel right if you want full route plotting to work.
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving: Drive assist
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving: Handbrake
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving: Headlights
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving: Toggle SRV turret
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving targeting: Select target ahead
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving miscellaneous: Divert power to engines
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving miscellaneous: Divert power to weapons
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving miscellaneous: Divert power to systems
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving miscellaneous: Balance power distribution
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving miscellaneous: Cargo scoop
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving miscellaneous: Recall/dismiss ship
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Target panel
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Comms panel
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Quick comms
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Role panel
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Systems panel
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Open galaxy map
    Elite keybind not setup: Driving mode switches: Open system map
    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: SRV - Toggle camera suite
    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Previous camera
    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Next camera
    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Enter free camera
    Elite keybind not setup: Camera suite: Camera - Co-pilot 1
    Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Toggle HUD
    Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Camera/Ship controls toggle
    Elite keybind not setup: Free camera: Attach/Detach camera

Yep, those commands are expecting a keyboard press assigned to them, because we *do* call them for some commands.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

So i can bind those to whatever i want right?

Time to install the other packs i bought today and have some fun with all these voices

Comment

On another note ... can i import for instance the speak with vasco, movie qoutes by vasco or the speak with orion profiles into the singularity profile?

Comment

those are separate for now.

Comment

Originally posted by MojoW View Post
            So i can bind those to whatever i want right?

Time to install the other packs i bought today and have some fun with all these voices
            Yes you can, just so long as they are keyboard actions

Comment

Hello All

Aside from the "Singularity Beta" and my testing here, and just before the beta was announced, I was working on building my own "Stick Bind" for Elite, which does what I want it to do, using the "HCS X-55.Binds" as a base or start point. Having completed the profile or bind for Elite, I decided to test the Singularity Beta and now come up with the original OP's list and SB's new binding requirements for the beta to run successfully.

I've said this here before, and I will say it again. Users (most average users, not those who can program bindings or beta test), don't have the time, education, desire, or patience, to edit, program, track, backup, or restore bindings or profiles for their game. I now need one binding set for this voice profile (astra/vega.midnight.vap), another for that voice or profile (multi-crew.vap) with it's own set of keybindings, which differ from the others.

Overall, game wide, Elite provides a standard set. We alter these to our liking, for those who can. HCS provides another set, and we can alter these to our liking.

Given the numbers of HCS Voicepacks being released, including the new beta, it would be nice, very nice indeed, if HCS could include a set of controller bindings WITH THE REQUIRED KEYBINDINGS NEEDED for the Singularity bindings and not depend on beta testers or average users to stop what we are doing and find, alter, test, and build a controller binding just for this beta. Beyond this, it seems these bind files cannot be shared openly as binding files someone can download, but rather a web based or web generated picture, with labels of what the keybindings should be.

Since the release of Elite, I have spent countless hours just troubleshooting, repairing, building, storing, backing up and just keeping track of my special built files, as well as putting up with bindings that work without VA, but don't with VA, or those that work with VA, but not without it.

MY point with all of this is that (in my opinion) unless you have the skills to build a binding and back it up, you are stuck with what is provided, or NOT provided, and left on your own to use what is provided.

If HCS offers a beta for a new voice profile (an all in one profile) could you please include a bind for the beta, with all the keybindings listed above put in for us, instead of generating an list of keybindings needed, and then depend on ALL users (skilled or not) to then BUILD this binding, before any beta testing can occur.

I sincerely appreciate the binds HCS has been providing for other voicepacks, but it seems a bit odd that HCS would not "just provide the bind with keystrokes required" instead of depending on a error list of requirements in a bind and HOPE ALL USERS can build it. This also speaks to software testing methodology. Support and answering questions over these lists of binding requirements generated by a beta certainly takes more time, effort and expense to deal with than it would take for one developer to write one HCS binding for this beta and provide it to ALL USERS, eliminating the need for most support for this. You use the HCS binding we provided for the beta, and we have a known good start point for all users.

Franky, I'm tired of building controller bindings for the game, for voicepacks, for betas, for new equipment and for others. I have one from Frontier, within the game. Frontier provided everyone with this. HCS builds a wonderful and exciting product, but you should also put more effort into providing "complete and documented" bindings for your product, as well as for the game.

If you offer a beta which depends on keybindings not present, then provide the binding, not a list of errors the user has to stop and figure out.

Be well
              Last edited by incryptx; 01-05-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Well i don't think that is possible as only between my 6 friends that i play elite with i count 5 different peripherals.

The amount of different binds needed for all different configurations would be too much, plus the few who have a custom bind setup on their hotas instead of the FD provided one.

So either way you would be stuck with binding because if they provide all controls on the secondary spot you would still need to bind your primary's to your own preferences may it be hotas, controller or kb+m.

Comment

We *used* to provide the profiles with a "our way or the highway" set of bind files, which whilst they were close to Elite Dangerous default, were not exactly the same (typically because we bound stuff in ED to keys that were not used originally, and then Frontier decides to use those keys for something else).

However, people complained about that. And we got requests for a more "Let us do it or else" style of binding. Which is why we started using a bind reader plugin for Elite Dangerous. Now this means that it will read your bind files and then work from that.

However, Elite Dangerous (once again) does not bind everything in its setup to a keyboard press (or combination of keyboard presses). So do we tell people what needs binding inside Elite Dangerous or hardcode Voice Attack to use a set of binds and that is it? The bind files that we supply *should* already have enough bound to them that they work "out of the box", and if they don't then we would like to know. This is because we *do not* have all the hardware devices to hand to actually manually create those bind files))

Comment

Ok, I relent. As gamers of every ilk, we needed controllers with lots of buttons "we the game user" could program and industry provided what we wanted, for every platform. We now have them. But with such wide variety, it may be daunting at best to provide any bind for any controller everyone would be happy with, and again we are back to doing it ourselves, or using stock and modified binds provided (past or present) by companies, vendors or users.

For those of us lucky enough to build or modify one for our own needs, regardless of time, great. This number, for all of Elite's users, is fairly small. The vast numbers of Elite players who cannot for whatever reason, are often stuck looking for someone to share "their" bind file for a particular controller. In all of my web search, I found only "one" complete bind & documentation, offered by an Australian by the name of Aussiedroid. I thank him for providing "his" creation and sharing it with all.

For some reason I still don't get (Maybe Frontier's Copyright and License), there is little to no bind file sharing (the actual bind file itself, not just a web picture with text) where the entire fan base of Elite could go and choose from possibly hundreds of controller bind files. Now, everyone has basically said, "program your own". I did. How many of you have one you built, including some already in existence for this beta, which could be shared with those who don't have your skills, but need a profile for VA/HCS, or a profile modified from stock for their controller.

All of this can be solved by the fan base if a website or share existed where we could both post and download bind files for controllers and well as bind files for VA/HCS.

I'm tired of building them. I'm tired of asking others if they have one or if they would share their creations. I'm tired of looking for them and this is a mess.

So, I will volunteer to host a website, server space and dedicate some of my personal time and resource to fix this. If HCS is overwhelmed by the numbers of binds and controllers to program for, and most of the readers here agree that the only solution to be had is to "program your own", then it would be nice if the fan base had some mechanism to share the numbers of binds we all need or would like to have.

I don't want to violate anyone's copyrights or licenses here. You all own your own creation and if you decide to share, you are sharing with the world. If Elite's stock binds are covered by their copyrights and licenses and (although I have not read it yet) I won't allow the Elite stock binds to be shared and they will not be allowed to be posted, or will be deleted if offered or found. This also applies to VA/HCS.

User created binds for controllers (since the user/creater own's his/her own copyright), may be the only files allowed to be shared, but in the end, I think every fan would appreciate a website like this, as well as a good helping of binds for their controllers or binds to do specific VA/HCS bindings, like one for this beta.

From 1992 to 2010, I used to run a very popular world wide website dedicated to ThrustMaster and later to include Saitek, which offered stick "profiles" for specific flight and space simulations of the time. Then, you needed to "load" a profile for your F-16, or A-10, or for Flight Simulator. I had over a thousand profiles along with some software designed by Foxy, a popular TM Hotas configuration tool. Most "profiles" for older games were included on CD's and DVD's and then later posted on my website for all.

Although this is a small forum, I doubt a consensus would arrive we all could agree on. Back in the day, TM and Saitek stated that the "stock profiles" (we call these .binds now) were public domain and could be shared by any file or download service. Of course, the world has changed, but profile sharing from users would be the most beneficial solution to this, and would certainly be appreciated by fans.

So, the questions are simple.

1) If you could share your bind, would you? If you needed a bind, would you like a place to get one?
                    2) If a vendor had binds they wanted to share on a common site, would you go there to get one?
                    3) Would you like a place to store your binds, should it be overwritten or deleted?
                    4) If you don't have the skills to build or modify a bind, would you like a place to view and download some?

With all the other Elite supporting sites, including one which will read the current binds of your controller, it just makes sense to share the binds we create with all.

Be well.
                    Last edited by incryptx; 01-05-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Just to clarify: the .bind files are provided (initially) by Frontier Development. The "default" ones are located in the Control Schemes folder inside the Elite Dangerous directory. From what I have seen, there have been minimal if any "vendor provided" binds (as in downloadable from a vendor website).

One website which I have found handy (for at least the generation of reference sheets for .bind files is https://www.mcdee.net/elite/

Side note: The skills to modify a .bind is quite literally going into the "Control Options" of Elite Dangerous and changing what a button does what.

Whilst this is similar, it is different to the saitek/madcatz (yay! They are back) /logitech gaming software that typically comes with that hardware (or even using something like vjoy/UCR/reWASD (for gamepads) to map them.

These mapping tools also typically assume "stock default control schemes, you don't need to change anything in game"

Comment

Well, I guess that answers that.

It's just so simple.

Maybe I'm just an idiot.

Be well.

Comment

Oh I think you have an idea, definitely an idea.

Comment

Since starting playing Elite during final beta, I’ve used;

a) Keyboard and mouse
                            b) Logitech 3D Pro Joystick
                            c) Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X
                            d) Saitek X-55
                            e) Thrustmaster Warthog

So, I understand the frustration that ‘incryptx’ is feeling as I’ve had to go in and modify bindings multiple times for each of the above to achieve what I needed then fine tune.
                            I’m no “beta tester” or programmer, I’m just an “old guy” who likes the game.
                            Frustrating? Yes, a little but it gets less so the more experience you gain.
                            Hard, no.
                            Time consuming, no...well, not after you’ve been in a couple times and have half an idea of what’s what.
                            Education? Well so long as you can read, I guess the hardest part is deciphering what bindings do what as a couple or three are not intuitive.

Since starting to use HCS Voicepacks just on a year ago, the bindings have worked when I used the voice packs/VA and when I haven’t...no issues there.

I will say this, it is and always will be very daunting for a new player as there’s simply so many things to bind and this number will continue to increase as FD continue to add functionality to the game.

Which brings me to incrpticx offer of hosting a website...
                            It’s a really good idea...I do not know of anywhere/anyone who already offers this.
                            I’d be happy to contribute my bindings files along with screen shots, cheatsheets or outputs from mcdee.net.

A new user could then download mine (or others) bind file without the need of configuring same in game, however...

It would still be an enormous learning curve just getting used to what every button, switch, hat, keypress does anyway and I guarantee....whilst it suits me perfectly, it won’t suit everyone and for those who it does not suit....then they’ll still need to get into the bindings and change things anyway.

Just saying...still a good idea.

Cheers
                            Clicker
                            Last edited by clicker; 01-06-2018, 02:45 AM.

Comment

For me, my current setup is like this (as in, this is what I *have* to have connected at time of launch)

Saitek X52 (normal) for flight
                              Xbox Elite Gamepad for SRV
                              Tobii 4c Eyetracker (because its just plain cool looking at panels)
                              reWASD (purely for gamepad paddle remapping of the Xbox Elite Controller, so I can have keyboard presses assigned to them. The normal Xbox Accessories app doesn't allow this)

Along with:
                              Voice Attack (well Duh!)
                              Autohotkey (mainly for route entry from saved routes in ED Discovery, but can quite easily be extended to do other stuff)

I do also have an Oculus Rift, but with the 4c it is a case of either/or setup here.

Oh, I forgot about my headset as well.... that has macro buttons. I could even go a few steps further with my Roccat Nyth mouse, Razor Tartarus/Logitech G13 setup for macro hardware.

But even with those extra's (the mouse/g13/tartarus) it is either macro or just keyremapping, so that it is more "convenient" layout for *you* compared to what the game normally provides

Is my setup complicated? Well not really. I actually don't have *much* different from "stock hcs binds" (because I am the sucker who made a load of them) but my .binds file is actually a combination of the stock joystick, stock keyboard, hcs keyboard and stock gamepad.

Side note: We are actually not allowed to install the binds directly to the user directory due to our licensing terms with Frontier. That doesn't mean that we cannot provide them (we do), just that the user has to manually move the files there. ((quite possibly to avoid "OMG, HCS SCREWED UP MY FRONTIER INSTALL" situations))

Comment

Working...
                              X