Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binding error!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I was suggesting "ONE BETA BINDING ONLY" for THIS BETA, so those testing are not inconvienced by having to modify their existing working bind for this beta, or build and use a different bind, just for this beta. Now, I agree you did provide many bindings in the past and folks balked, as well as the task of building bindings for many controllers being daunting, and I get all that.

    Solution, (and my suggestion), Your running the beta. A bug has been filed about the error list. To address this bug, it would be a simple matter for HCS to "provide a suitable beta binding" with the control bindings needed for the beta to work properly, without throwing an error list. Then there is no error list and things start to work right without additional bug reports and support on the issue.

    Beyond all of this, the numbers of bindings for Elite are numerous and will continue to grow in function and complexity. Add Star Citizen and the number of controller bindings increase exponentially. The tasks of configuration or building controller bindings by hand unless files are provided, will continue to aggravate everyone except those skilled at doing it themselves. I have suggested a possible solution for this, as it has come up in the past and I have many years of experience delivering controller configurations via websites going back to the early gaming days.

    I also believe McDee is storing bindings submitted by others, as users read their bindings on his site, and then get a URL for later retrieval. It's just one step from offering those same binds for controllers back to the public and players of Elite. Although I can use this site to read any bind I like, I wish this site would offer what others have submitted as well. The site I would suggest already exists in McDee, it just needs to offer the binds as xml downloads to anyone who wants one created by others, without having to build one or add keybindings themselves.

    I reject your reality.... and substitute my own.

    Be well.
    Last edited by incryptx; 01-07-2018, 04:05 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by incryptx View Post
      I was suggesting "ONE BETA BINDING ONLY" for THIS BETA, so those testing are not inconvienced by having to modify their existing working bind for this beta, or build and use a different bind, just for this beta. Now, I agree you did provide many bindings in the past and folks balked, as well as the task of building bindings for many controllers being daunting, and I get all that.

      Solution, (and my suggestion), Your running the beta. A bug has been filed about the error list. To address this bug, it would be a simple matter for HCS to "provide a suitable beta binding" with the control bindings needed for the beta to work properly, without throwing an error list. Then there is no error list and things start to work right without additional bug reports and support on the issue.
      Actually, the error that you are getting would crop up with the ANY of our existing packs that have been updated to use the Plugins, for which we do provide bind files. The only ones that haven't are Venus, KsAI, Legend, Mars and Ze (basically some of our earliest packs). These are being worked on.

      Beyond all of this, the numbers of bindings for Elite are numerous and will continue to grow in function and complexity. Add Star Citizen and the number of controller bindings increase exponentially. The tasks of configuration or building controller bindings by hand unless files are provided, will continue to aggravate everyone except those skilled at doing it themselves. I have suggested a possible solution for this, as it has come up in the past and I have many years of experience delivering controller configurations via websites going back to the early gaming days.
      Does Star Citizen allow the importing/exporting of Control Schemes? As far as I am aware it doesn't (or it didn't used to) so there is no way for us to provide a "HCS approved" control scheme files.

      I also believe McDee is storing bindings submitted by others, as users read their bindings on his site, and then get a URL for later retrieval. It's just one step from offering those same binds for controllers back to the public and players of Elite. Although I can use this site to read any bind I like, I wish this site would offer what others have submitted as well. The site I would suggest already exists in McDee, it just needs to offer the binds as xml downloads to anyone who wants one created by others, without having to build one or add keybindings themselves.
      As I said earlier: I believe you have an idea, take the idea and run with it.
      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gangrel View Post

        Actually, the error that you are getting would crop up with the ANY of our existing packs that have been updated to use the Plugins, for which we do provide bind files. The only ones that haven't are Venus, KsAI, Legend, Mars and Ze (basically some of our earliest packs). These are being worked on.



        Does Star Citizen allow the importing/exporting of Control Schemes? As far as I am aware it doesn't (or it didn't used to) so there is no way for us to provide a "HCS approved" control scheme files.



        As I said earlier: I believe you have an idea, take the idea and run with it.
        Whether SC allows importing/exporting of control schemes is not the issue. There are SC control schemes for controllers published by users and HCS as well. It's the numbers of control schemes for a number of controllers, whatever the game. Just about every simulation I play needs a controller and a profile of some kind, and there are many, which continue to grow. I was in no way suggesting that HCS provide control schemes for SC, although you have graciously provided some to date.

        As we were discussing this, I have already geared up for a website production of some sort, as the vision is not totally clear yet. I have attempted to reach out to McDee.net to make some inquiries. It makes more sense to use sites already dedicated in some way to these purposes, rather than create one from scratch, as users are already familiar with McDee.net. He, or their owners should have first shot at this, without me putting up another site to compete with what they have created.

        Be that as it may, I have reactivated an old domain name and hosting service, mounted some forum software there, with the intention of allowing users to both upload and download their creations, with documents, description of their bindings, with upload and download links and pictures of the bindings as we see today. I may require users to "submit" profiles and bindings in advance for internal review (to eliminate malware and insure file integrity as well as determining copyright) before the profile or binding is made public. It may be just as simple as posting a list of URL's generated by McDee.net and submitted by users, with descriptions and pictures.

        What the site will look like, or whether it will be static or user dynamic has yet to be decided, but I will have something up soon, with the intention of posting, sharing and distributing profiles and bindings for all current games, but mostly dedicated to Elite and Star Citizen.

        (In the voice of Carl Sagan), "After two-hundred-thousand years of human evolution, we haven't learned a thing. We are still a bunch of monkeys throwing crap at one another." (author unknown).

        Be well.
        Last edited by incryptx; 01-07-2018, 04:46 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          We have provided Voice Attack profiles for SC, that is it. so no actual "control scheme" for any set of controllers. Unless of course you are counting the keyboard as a controller.

          Side note: VAP's are different from control schemes. We have no issues control schemes being shared. However the sharing of VAP's that we have made is another matter.
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

          Comment


          • #20
            BUG: HCS Singularity 2.0

            In using "Aussiedroids" excellent binding for the X-55, only three keybindings come up as errors in the "binderrors.txt" file, but these three keybindings are assigned, just not to keyboard keypresses. They are assigned to controller or stick functions. As long as the key is assigned for the users purpose, but not left "blank". This should be ignored by HCS Singularity as the keybinding is "in use", but not left blank. Your welcome to take this up with the creator of the binding, not me. I'm just a messenger.

            As well. Since HCS is reluctant to provide any controller binding with the keypresses required by this beta to function properly, without the user having to build his own, I built my own and I am providing it to all users who don't have the skills to make the beta run for them on this controller. You will find it listed as "HCS Singularity Beta 2.0 + Vanity Camera (Based on HCS X55 Rhino 2.0) on EDRefCard

            Another bug is that I have three Voicepacks installed, but Singularity only sees two of them reported in the boot up sequence on the VA app window, as follows: "08:02:17 - You currently have 2 crew members aboard but you don't have the Ship's Cat and vermin is rife."

            I have ASTRA, Midnight and Vega, but ASTRA does not seem to be present as the dialog under "Multi-Crew.vap" used to state three crew members. It does not see ASTRA.

            Be well.
            Last edited by incryptx; 01-10-2018, 04:22 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by incryptx View Post
              BUG: HCS Singularity 2.0

              In using "Aussiedroids" excellent binding for the X-55, only three keybindings come up as errors in the "binderrors.txt" file, but these three keybindings are assigned, just not to keyboard keypresses. They are assigned to controller or stick functions. As long as the key is assigned for the users purpose, but not left "blank". This should be ignored by HCS Singularity as the keybinding is "in use", but not left blank. Your welcome to take this up with the creator of the binding, not me. I'm just a messenger.
              Actually, if it comes up as a non keyboard press, it will show up as an error, because that means that *that* command will not fire. Since we introduced the bindreader plugin (pre Singularity by the way), this has been the case. It has only been since Singularity testing, that we have put an error message out there about it.

              So its "new" in terms of the error log, not new in the bindreader itself.
              1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
              2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
              3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
              4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
              WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

              Comment


              • #22
                incryptx if Singularity is not seeing Astra then you have not updated it. Please download the latest version and you MUST uninstall a pack before installing again. don't install over the top of an existing install.

                VA presses keys so if you don't want to bind a key then the command won't work. That has been the case for over a year now with HCS profiles.
                The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

                You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                  incryptx if Singularity is not seeing Astra then you have not updated it. Please download the latest version and you MUST uninstall a pack before installing again. don't install over the top of an existing install.

                  VA presses keys so if you don't want to bind a key then the command won't work. That has been the case for over a year now with HCS profiles.
                  No way man. You mean I have to "uninstall and reinstall" the voicepacks for every new update? I did not know this and have been overwriting them all this time.

                  And I don't think I ever received email for an update to ASTRA. I did for Midnight and Vega, but no ASTRA. Can you give me a link for the ASTRA update?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    all packs were updated on 20/12. Sometimes the emails don't get through to people or they're marked as spam by your ISP. The link to download is the same link, it never changes and will always download the latest available on the servers. If you've lost the link then you will need to email info@theqnn.com with purchase details and they'll generate you a new one.
                    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

                    You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by incryptx View Post

                      No way man. You mean I have to "uninstall and reinstall" the voicepacks for every new update? I did not know this and have been overwriting them all this time.
                      You don't have to "uninstall" the pack. Cut and Pasting it elsewhere is enough (as your own personal backup as it were), but it is best to install it into an empty directory.
                      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
                      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
                      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
                      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
                      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X