Getting started with Singularity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started with Singularity

I have Astra, Eli and Orion, and the EDDB addon.
    I have a Seitek X-55 Hotas
    I also have a twitch stream I've started up - though no one really following it yet, so I just like talking to myself.
    I'm mostly flying around doing passenger missions to the infamous Smeaton orbital for giant piles of cash money.

I have made sure to update VoiceAttack, each profile as of 12/20 and loaded the Singularity beta profile from Astra download.
    I have installed the v2.xx patch today.
    I do get the notice of keybinds not available and the text file. At first I was confused as it says secondary fire is not mapped - it is, to a joystick button and mouse button... but seems you need a keyboard bind. Ok.
    Keyboard binds getting challenging - because I don't know what all of them are, so I keep overwriting existing binds... https://www.mcdee.net/elite/ to the rescue. OMG this is AMAZING and should be at the top of ever instruction set for HCS profiles ever... how have I not found this before???

This is likely to make me buy more profiles... I see Vega in my future at least. Kinda wish there was some hard-ass military general type voice pack to stick on tactical. Full Metal Jacket guy yelling at you to annihilate your enemies and such... but I digress.

No EDDB commands I see. Mostly I tend to want to mute her for a short time. Like when I finish a run to Smeaton Orbital and I'm turning in 20 missions - I get tired of her telling me the precise credit amount I just sold my 4 tons of insulating membranes for. Mute/unmute EDDB, shut-up, take a break, go get some tea, etc.

On my Mark worked great - coming in for a landing, super tired, kept being interdicted, on my mark timed out twice because of last second interdictions, but the final time, I said NOW! and celebrated arriving at the station so I could unload and go to bed.

With these passenger runs, I keep on getting a pile of things in my inbox, I have to go to 'comms panel' move over to inbox, and click delete. One. Stupid. Message. At. A. Time. Frontier fail for not having a clear inbox option? Any voice commands for that? Just a thought.

I will continue working with and trying things out. So far REALLY liking it, thank you for the work. If buying more voice packs is the way to support you, I will definitely pick up another one or two.
    I like interaction mode, but do find I want to prompt a conversation with 'hello everyone' or 'hey <name>, talk to me', or 'it's very quiet out here'... I've done some custom additions to the profiles long ago, but haven't carried them forward. As this profile settles in I may add similar again, but just a thought.

Thank you!

Great stuff and thanks

eddb we can't do anything with but if you make some commands of your own for it then please feel free to share them for people to add in if they want. Just the commands to add though, not the whole profile

We have a dev note here to add some "what is on your mind" kind of questions to prompt the interaction responses whenever you want them. So, those will be coming.

There are some comms commands but they are named pre 2.4 of elite so they need updating a little.
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashrack View Post
      wish there was some hard-ass military general type voice pack to stick on tactical. Full Metal Jacket guy yelling at you to annihilate your enemies and such..
      Try Vasco. He's brilliant on tactical.

Comment

The Multi-Crew profile has a whole subsection on EDDI - And an Audio command to mute EDDI. There's a few points where EDDI is touched to update information or ask questions. That's all I meant - just a couple places I noticed in Singularity that EDDI isn't used.

Streamed 4 hours yesterday with it, went great. Still working to figure out commands - I like the functionality of Departure Handover - does the left and right screen checks before launching - also includes the 30m liftoff, raise landing gear and then gives you control. Works well together - but the lauch or prepare for takeoff don't include the liftoff and landing gear.

Otherwise the random interactions are a wonderful addition to my twitch stream. (Ashrack00 on twich, come check me out - channel is pretty empty)

There's a great ASTRA-cheat-sheet PDF I use to look for appropriate command verbiage - I hope at some point (I know so much is still in flux in beta) something like that is updated for Singularity - help remind me after a couple drinks what I'm supposed to be saying.

Comment

multi-crew used eddi when we didn't have our own plugin, over a year ago now. So you've been using a very old version as even that was converted to our own plugin.
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
          X