Music Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Control

The Singularity profile implements basic commands for music control: [play;pause;stop] Music; [next;previous] Track; [raise;lower;max;mute;unmute] Volume.

How do we make use of these? What is the music source? Does this play as background music? What other plugins do we need for services like Spotify?

Thanks!

Those commands just press the global media keys that you will typically find on most "keyboards". Even on laptops they might be present (as FN+<random other key>) so all that needs to be done is for the the application that you want to control to actually be set up to accept them.

The music source: Whatever your current media player is. These commands are just like clicking the "play/pause/stop/next/previous" buttons on your keyboard. So if you don't have the media app up and running, then they will do nothing.

And for other services like spotify? Not supported, although I am sure that there is something that lets you control spotify with media hotkeys (which will then allow these commands to work with them)
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thank you! That helps.

Having never used those keys on my keyboard - now I need to do some experimenting...

Comment

Whilst I don't use them directly on my keyboard (laptop, and I know what the keypress combination is for them), I have set them up anyway for apps, so that I can use the voice commands to control the media player

Comment

Hi there,

Need some other tips about music controls please.

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          Those commands just press the global media keys that you will typically find on most "keyboards"
          By default, the volume commands change the Windows general volume, and I can't edit this specific keyboard key.
          Those voices commands works perfectly, but I would like to edit the "raise" and lower" volume.
          What I would like to do, is to point thoses commands to a specific program, in my case AIMP.

I already tried to modify the binds in HCS pack, this works, but with a 2% increment per command instead of 10% by default. (I only modified the bind number, nothing else)

Any way to fix it please ?

Comment

Hi Hillgue , I use foobar2000-player (was a suggestions by Gangrel). There you can add any keys to certain function ... liket volume up/down etc.
            Do you have any of this with AIMP? If so, you could do the same...
            ... it's so dark around me!
            Thx to my crew: ASTRA, ORION, ELI, KATE, KSAI, JAZZ, CARINA, MIDNIGHT and EDEN...
            ...and someone brought this fr***** bird on the ship .
            CECIL? It's time for a drink now...

Comment

Originally posted by Hillgue View Post
              Hi there,

Need some other tips about music controls please.

By default, the volume commands change the Windows general volume, and I can't edit this specific keyboard key.
              Those voices commands works perfectly, but I would like to edit the "raise" and lower" volume.
              What I would like to do, is to point thoses commands to a specific program, in my case AIMP.

I already tried to modify the binds in HCS pack, this works, but with a 2% increment per command instead of 10% by default. (I only modified the bind number, nothing else)

Any way to fix it please ?
              If you look in the "[play;pause;stop] Music; [next;previous] Track; [raise;lower;max;mute;unmute] Volume" you can see where the key is pressed, and then the repeat is the number of times that the key is pressed (in this case for volume, its repeated 5 times).

Side note: Global hot keys do *not* like being sent to a specific application, infact, it stops them from working (which is why you should always have VA set to send to active window, and not the ED client if you are running with the media keys)

Comment

Originally posted by RoundAbout View Post
                Hi Hillgue , I use foobar2000-player (was a suggestions by Gangrel). There you can add any keys to certain function ... liket volume up/down etc.
                Do you have any of this with AIMP? If so, you could do the same...
                Hey,

Yes i can edit AIMP's binds via menu.

I already dit it, and modified the binds also in Voiceattack HCS profile to match those ones.

Exemple for "raise volume" :

Else if Test Compare : [{CMD}] Equals 'raise volume'
                Execute command, '((RS - Raise volume))' (by name) (and wait until completes)
                Set Text [~key] to '[175]'
                Start Loop : Repeat 5 Times

Whithout modifying this line, the sound card volume is increased by average 10%

Now, when i change the value '[175]' to '[165][38]' (Alt Right + Up Arrow), this use the AIMP keybind, but instead of 10% like with default bind, it raise volume per 2%.
                So look like the repeat 5 times don't work anymore.

Edit : Just noticed my modifief bind don't works if i'm in game, probably because it's not the active window.
                Last edited by Hillgue; 09-08-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I changed my mind, and don't want to modify binds anymore.

But instead, I'd like to translate commands in my own language.

Ex: Else if Test Compare : [{CMD}] Equals 'raise volume'
                  To : Else if Test Compare : [{CMD}] Equals 'augmente le volume'

I tried, to modify it and the random sound; then voice attack reconize the command, but nothing happens.
                  Anyway to properly translate those commands , or something is hidden and unaccessible through this command ?

Comment

http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...ow-to-add-them

This would be the best way to do it (so put "Augumente le volume" as the "When I say line" in your custom command then then as the "Run a voice attack command by name" of "Increase Volume"

Comment

Thank you very much for the link, i will study it.

I think i understood what was wrong, I edited wrong lines ...

Only modified the play to test, and it works

Comment

Working...
                      X