Music Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Control

The Singularity profile implements basic commands for music control: [play;pause;stop] Music; [next;previous] Track; [raise;lower;max;mute;unmute] Volume.

How do we make use of these? What is the music source? Does this play as background music? What other plugins do we need for services like Spotify?

Thanks!

Those commands just press the global media keys that you will typically find on most "keyboards". Even on laptops they might be present (as FN+<random other key>) so all that needs to be done is for the the application that you want to control to actually be set up to accept them.

The music source: Whatever your current media player is. These commands are just like clicking the "play/pause/stop/next/previous" buttons on your keyboard. So if you don't have the media app up and running, then they will do nothing.

And for other services like spotify? Not supported, although I am sure that there is something that lets you control spotify with media hotkeys (which will then allow these commands to work with them)
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thank you! That helps.

Having never used those keys on my keyboard - now I need to do some experimenting...

Comment

Whilst I don't use them directly on my keyboard (laptop, and I know what the keypress combination is for them), I have set them up anyway for apps, so that I can use the voice commands to control the media player
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Working...
        X