Locked ((Ask Question)) Command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked ((Ask Question)) Command

What's the story behind locking the Ask Question command? I used to be able to add several questions by editing this command and now you've disabled the ability to edit the command. Why? This is very frustrating.

Because ((ask question)) is now actually linked to a whole lot of moving parts for the command.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

I don't understand why that warrants you locking the commands. You've removed the ability to tailor the profile to my needs. In addition to not being able to customize the questions commands, you've locked the supercruise drop, and who knows what else. I can't program the functionality that the multi-crew profile had such as auto requesting docking and similar commands. It isn't as though you have any competitors that are going to steal your product. The only other company that had a similar product you maliciously attacked and made not work and now I see they no longer offer a similar product. Is it necessary to bully the competition out of existence and restrict our ability to use the commands you offer? I don't see how this is good business. For me, the most fun part of the game was tailoring the commands to my specific wants and needs and you've taken that away from me. Please unlock the commands and give us the ability to tailor the profile to our individual preferences. I would much rather continue to use voiceattack with HCSvoicepacks instead of having to program EDDiscovery or something similar to achieve the functionality that I once was able to have with your product.

Comment

The criticism has been noted, and we will look more into methods of opening up more customisation. It is a fine line between opening everything for the user to be able to customise commands, whilst ensuring that any tweaks/alterations that they make do not break any parts that we rely on.

Comment

Fair enough. I understand how people could cause issues making edits that would break functionality, but I would think a strongly worded caution would be sufficient to transfer the responsibility onto the user if they do some editing that breaks their commands. I appreciate your quick response and considering removing the lock-out. I would very much appreciate it. I enjoy tinkering with the different commands, and would like to be able to continue to do so. If you must keep the Ask Questions command locked, I understand, but please consider removing the lock on commands that are event triggered such as the supercruise drop. I can write my own question commands, but if I can't access the commands triggered by in game events, that severely limits my ability to write new commands. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by bigevs View Post
            Fair enough. I understand how people could cause issues making edits that would break functionality, but I would think a strongly worded caution would be sufficient to transfer the responsibility onto the user if they do some editing that breaks their commands. I appreciate your quick response and considering removing the lock-out. I would very much appreciate it. I enjoy tinkering with the different commands, and would like to be able to continue to do so. If you must keep the Ask Questions command locked, I understand, but please consider removing the lock on commands that are event triggered such as the supercruise drop. I can write my own question commands, but if I can't access the commands triggered by in game events, that severely limits my ability to write new commands. Thank you for your time and consideration.
            I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Count me as another voice in agreement. In my case it's the {{Singularity initialising}} command that is now locked. I previously liked to add a step in there that would launch EDMarketConnector on profile startup. Now this is apparently impossible.

Comment

I did allow for this...if you create a cmd called ((Experimental code startup)) then it will run it at startup

cmds have been locked for many reasons and whilst we understand some of you will not be happy about this I'm afraid that is the way it will stay going forward
                The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Yeah, these locked commands. I used to edit the DockingComplete command and TakeOff commands to add a centre option to the pause and resume head tracking. Can't do that now. Whilst it's a minor thing, it's disappointing to say the least.

Comment

In the customiser we have the ability to enable/disable headtracking (presses F9 by default IIRC) when you enter that station

Comment

Working...
                    X