This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Commands and how to add them!

This is more for the *new* user of voice attack, rather than the experienced user, but I am sure that some of the following pointers will come in handy for you.

This method will ensure[1] that your custom commands will stay during a pack update.

1) Make a list of the commands that you want to add new triggers to. (This will come in handy later on )

2) Create a new profile. This is easy, just press Alt+N, and the "Create a New profile" window will open up

2) Type in your New Profile name. Make it something sensible/notable.

3) You will see several buttons and icons. Don't worry, they won't bite you. Click the "New Command" button in the top right of the "New profile" window (this is also the same window as the "Edit profile" window.

4) A new window will pop up.

5) You have several options here.... so lets go for the simplest option: Adding a new trigger phrase.

6) Make sure that "When I say" is ticked. In the text box (it has "New Command" in it), type in your new "trigger phrase". So for example "Make the Jump" if you want to add a new trigger phrase to jump between systems,

7) Then, further down the same window: Click Other -> Voice Attack Action -> Execute Another Command

8) The following box will appear

9) Make sure that "Execute by name (advanced)" is ticked. In the text box that appears, type in the name of the command that you want to run. This will be the "When I say" command. So for example "Docking speed;Safety dock;Slow for docking" (no quotes needed)

The ((0%)) in the "execute selected command" dropdown shown is just from my existing profile. If you have any commands in the profile, the first one in your profile would show up here.

10) Click OK, Then OK,

11) Repeat this for each command that you want to alter.

12) Once you have finished adding new triggers, now you need to link this to your existing profile.

13) Select the Voice Pack that you want to include these commands into.

14) Go to the "Edit profile" screen of the Singularity profile, and next to the profile name you will see a tick mark.

Click it.

14) On the "Profile Options tab", you will see the line "Include commands from another profile".

15) Click the triple dots at the end and this window pops up:

16) Click the plus symbol, and add the voice pack profile that you want to include commands from.

Then just click "OK" all the way back to the base Voice Attack window.

17) Now, to use the profile, you just need to set the Custom profile as the active profile, and you will find that all of your existing commands will still work, whilst also retaining your new commands/triggers.

Caveat: IF there is a command clash, then the active profile will take precedence over the "included" profile. So this means that if you have the same command *trigger* in both the custom profile, and the voice pack profile, then the *custom* profile command will trigger. You might prefer to *reverse* the order of the "included commands from" (so that you include the custom commands profile *into* the main Voice Pack profile...).

And if you want to upgrade the Voice Attack profile? Easy, just import the new updated VA profile into Voice Attack, and then go from Step 13 (and choose the new profile that you want to include).

[1] In theory at least

*EDIT* See Attached profile which has the startup command set, and a test commands already setup. Use this as a base for your custom commands making if you so desire.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gangrel; 03-09-2017, 04:50 PM.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

This is good. Helps a lot. I did have the beta version, but it kept screaming at me that I had the beta version and things may not work so i got worried and went back to normal. I was going to question that here, but sometimes I get the feeling my posts bug you so didn`t bother.

Comment

I am a new VA and HCS Singularity user and am trying to add some custom commands to suit my style of speech in Elite. For example, I do not want to say 'Boost Engines', I would prefer just to say 'Boost'.

I have followed the guide above but when it comes to
      Step (7) Then, further down the same window: Click Other -> Voice Attack Action -> Execute Another Command)
      , the error below pops up.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	22811

I can continue however, and, if I'm guessing correctly, this part
      Step (9) This will be the "When I say" command. So for example Docking speed;Safety dock;Slow for docking
      refers to the cheat sheet Spoken Commands that need to be pasted into the Execute by Name (Advanced) field? Is that right?

Name:	boost.PNG
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	22812

Either way, I can save a custom command but at
      Step (16) Click the plus symbol, and add the voice pack profile that you want to include commands from.
      , I can only choose 'Elite Singularity' as an option.

Name:	custom.PNG
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	22813

Then, after restarting Voice Attack, the new profile is loaded but the VoiceAttack window is full of errors..

Name:	error2.PNG
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	22814

Your help is much appreciated, I would love to understand what I am doing wrong so that I can create my own commands too.

Thanks,
      Toby

PS Voice Attack is running as Administrator
      Last edited by dark helix; 04-07-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

With singularity, because it has some start up commands, it needs to be the main/active profile
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thank you. With trial and error, I figured this out late last night too and have been busy adding my own commands. Now I just need to learn how the booleans (?) work, so that I can use logical replies (on/off) on my commands too..

Comment

Working...
          X