Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCS Customizer Program Guides (by RookFett)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yhaaa finale a real walk through. This is a great start to an idiots guide to the Galaxy. that is my name for a complete manual for voice packs. Please make more like for some of the add ons like how to get music to work or Vascos monologues. there is so much yet to be done but this is a great start

Comment

I have viewed your videos I have subscribed to your channel and thumbs up on each. this is great one place to rule them all. I hope this grows so we don't have to hunt all over the forum and youtube to get simple and clear info for voice packs. You are now my best M8 Thanks

Comment

Very nice guides, muchly usefull.
        I noticed in the extra content video you used a music player. Currently I am using the HCS radio add on with VLC Player. I have seen the music control commands in the singularity VAP. And was wondering.... how do I link my music collection to this instead of the radio pack ? I created all the commands for specific albums to be played with “run an application” command. .m3u

Happy to supply further information. Thanks in advance for any reply
        Flimley
        Last edited by Flimley; 03-28-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Use the "include commands from anotehr profile" option, in this case setting your profile as secondary to Singularity
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Excellent. Will do.... but, where do I find this option ?

Flimley

Comment

Ask, and ye shall receive

Comment

It is just a few days since this post went up and RookFet has more on youtube. He is very good and this post should be a sticky some were so we do not have to hunt for it. Having all these vids in one place and easy to find would be a good thing for all. Again I would call the sticky ( idiots guide to the Galaxy ) or ( One place to find it all )

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Ives View Post
                  It is just a few days since this post went up and RookFet has more on youtube. He is very good and this post should be a sticky some were so we do not have to hunt for it. Having all these vids in one place and easy to find would be a good thing for all. Again I would call the sticky ( idiots guide to the Galaxy ) or ( One place to find it all )
                  It is a sticky....

Comment

Many thanks Gangrel for that link, all good now!
                    I have changed VLC player to WMP as it’s more compatible, RE-voice attack volume options etc.

On a side note,,,
                    The music player commands in the singularity profile work good, ...apart from the volume control which raises and lowers the desktop volume across the board. So after a bit of tinkering to make this adjust the WMP volume exclusively. I downloaded ‘Windows Media Player Plus’ and ‘Wmpkeys Plugin’. Enabled them through the Options menu in WMP, then in the singularity profile have over written the “Press variable key(s) [~key]and hold for 0.05 seconds and release” to “Press’s Left Ctrl + Left shift + Down keys and hold for 0.05 seconds” which control the WMD Plugin directly.

All is operating without fault so far, I will update this post if that changes.

Flimley
                    Last edited by Flimley; 04-01-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flimley View Post
                      Many thanks Gangrel for that link, all good now!
                      I have changed VLC player to WMP as it’s more compatible, RE-voice attack volume options etc.

On a side note,,,
                      The music player commands in the singularity profile work good, ...apart from the volume control which raises and lowers the desktop volume across the board. So after a bit of tinkering to make this adjust the WMP volume exclusively. I downloaded ‘Windows Media Player Plus’ and ‘Wmpkeys Plugin’. Enabled them through the Options menu in WMP, then in the singularity profile have over written the “Press variable key(s) [~key]and hold for 0.05 seconds and release” to “Press’s Left Ctrl + Left shift + Down keys and hold for 0.05 seconds” which control the WMD Plugin directly.

All is operating without fault so far, I will update this post if that changes.

Flimley
                      The volume part is because that is what the media key deals with... the active "output" volume setting, so there is nothing "strange" about how it works (same with the built in volume control on my headset...)

Comment

Hi all,
                        Firstly, THANK YOU to everyone has contributes with their knowledge and experience to help us newbs out, it is VERY much appreciated.
                        I am a newb with regards to
                        Elite
                        Voice Attack
                        HCS Voice packs (I just bought ASTRA)
                        and the whole shebang.
                        I have watched YouTube video's, RTFM and consulted this wonderful forum.
                        I have successfully installed VA (version 1.07) and registered it
                        I have bought the Elite Dangerous commander deluxe bundle and installed Elite Dangerous, Elite Horizons etc.and
                        I have set up and trained my speech recognition
                        I have followed the instructions to install the Voice pack (plugins followed by the main exe.)
                        I have followed RookFetts video guide on setting up the customizer and importing the profile into VA I have seen somewhere that two key bindings have to be changed within the Horizons controls panel.

However, Rookfett didn't get - WARNING you have missing keyboard binds in Elite. Details saved to C:\Users\rcski\Desktop\MissingBinds.txt he says in the video it's because he used customizer. I DID get that warning, so what did I do wrong?

I went into the text file which reads

Elite keybind not setup: Galaxy Map:Galaxy cam yaw right cannot be the same as Interface mode: Next panel tab if you want full route plotting to work.
                        Elite keybind not setup: Galaxy Map:Galaxy cam translate right cannot be the same as Interface mode: UI panel right if you want full route plotting to work.

SO, I changed each setting to something silly like LSHFT RSHFT LALT RARROW and
                        LSHFT RSHFT LCTL RARROW just to try and keep away from conflicting with any other commands. Will that be Okay?

Also, while flying the training missions (basic flight and Docking) I only get verbal responses to raising and lowering landing gear. ASTRA will not plot a course to the star or city involved in the mission but she will operate the engines, power distribution and open/close the NAV panel, she just doesn't say anything.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance
                        Bob
                        Last edited by Sky_Dancer; 04-19-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

what you have done is fine as any form of keyboard key is what is needed to make VA perform the commands.

The training missions do not provide full information to us from the game. That was by design from Frontier who, as do we, believe you should be learning to play without any aids first. If you really want to use VA in the training missions then we did allow for some limited use as best we could although many commands rely on the correct information to perform properly so we can only go so far. To use it say "enable training mode". You will find that all commands are fully functional when used in the main full game.
                          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Oh WOW thank you I thought I'd screwed something up the first time, so uninstalled it all and started again LOL. That is probably why I'm getting this then:-

14:12:11 - Random sound directory contains no playable files - C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\Panels\((rs - fire groups))\non-verbose\
                            14:12:10 - Recognized : 'fire groups'
                            14:12:08 - Recognized : 'next tab'
                            14:12:03 - Random sound directory contains no playable files - C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\Combat\((rs - fire group previous))\non-verbose\
                            14:12:03 - Recognized : 'previous fire group'
                            14:11:32 - Command ignored - You must have a ship targeted first!
                            14:11:32 - Recognized : 'target powerplant'
                            14:10:29 - Random sound directory contains no playable files - C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\Targeting\((rs - target lock))\verbose\
                            14:10:29 - Recognized : 'target'
                            14:10:28 - Random sound directory contains no playable files - C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Elite Profile sounds\Targeting\((rs - target lock))\non-verbose\
                            14:10:28 - Recognized : 'target'

Comment

If you go into the Voice Attack settings: on the Audio tab, there is a drop down box labelled "Audio Output Type", set it to Windows Media Components

Comment

Working...
                              X