Any Oculus Mic setting tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Oculus Mic setting tips?

I have been using Voice attack for a few months with the Eden and Astra Voice packs for Elite and dangerous. They have been an awesome addition to Elite and they have work incredible well with my headset. I recently picked up an Oculus Rift because on the awesome sale price. I am using windows 10 and I went through the training program a couple of times with the Rift but the voice recognition just isn't working very well with the Rift Mic and it's starting to get frustrated. I might remove the headphones from the rift and go back to my headset but I'd really like to just get the Rift mic working better so I don't have to be tethered to another cable. Voice attack renegotiation probably worked 99% of the time with my headset but with the Rift it probably only works 70% of the time. I often have to repeat myself 3 or 4 times before it finally understands me. Anyone else using the Rift mic with success have any tips for me?

create a new speech profile and re-train it using the Rift mic, that's what I did and it's been much better since. I do have to switch speech profiles depending on which headset I want to use
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
      create a new speech profile and re-train it using the Rift mic, that's what I did and it's been much better since. I do have to switch speech profiles depending on which headset I want to use
      I will try this today. Thanks for posting, I didn't realize you could create different profiles. I just read through the training with the rift but I didn't create a separate profile so now it's probably a combination of my headset and the rift. Guess I will have to delete the profile and create one for each.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. Creating a new profile for the Rift mic did the trick. It now works just as well as my headset did. I wish I would have posted here a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Glad I stumbled onto this. I'm going to have to try it as well. I use a broadcast mic with a very different setup when I'm not using the rift, and the rift mic does not seem to like that profile. Of course, that leads to the next question. How the heck do you do the profile training with the headset on? (Yes, I ask dumb questions.)

Comment

RIFT owner as well
            I posted on the VA Forums same thing - http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1328.0

TheThingIs and others - I have setup a few batch files that switch these profiles - I use DrKai Profiler and the "Custom files" to basically run a batch file that imports a different registry key for each speech recog profile - making it "active: - then Launches VA and Elite.

If anyone else has a tool or method to do that more cleaner \ more automated - like soundswitcher does for audio - please let me know.

Comment

That's cool
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Working...
              X