Any Oculus Mic setting tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Oculus Mic setting tips?

I have been using Voice attack for a few months with the Eden and Astra Voice packs for Elite and dangerous. They have been an awesome addition to Elite and they have work incredible well with my headset. I recently picked up an Oculus Rift because on the awesome sale price. I am using windows 10 and I went through the training program a couple of times with the Rift but the voice recognition just isn't working very well with the Rift Mic and it's starting to get frustrated. I might remove the headphones from the rift and go back to my headset but I'd really like to just get the Rift mic working better so I don't have to be tethered to another cable. Voice attack renegotiation probably worked 99% of the time with my headset but with the Rift it probably only works 70% of the time. I often have to repeat myself 3 or 4 times before it finally understands me. Anyone else using the Rift mic with success have any tips for me?

create a new speech profile and re-train it using the Rift mic, that's what I did and it's been much better since. I do have to switch speech profiles depending on which headset I want to use
    Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one voicepack is just not enough!
    http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
      create a new speech profile and re-train it using the Rift mic, that's what I did and it's been much better since. I do have to switch speech profiles depending on which headset I want to use
      I will try this today. Thanks for posting, I didn't realize you could create different profiles. I just read through the training with the rift but I didn't create a separate profile so now it's probably a combination of my headset and the rift. Guess I will have to delete the profile and create one for each.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. Creating a new profile for the Rift mic did the trick. It now works just as well as my headset did. I wish I would have posted here a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
        X