Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little video with Minus, Midnight and Auto profile switching.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little video with Minus, Midnight and Auto profile switching.

Hello everyone,

So i made some commands for a random profile switch.
    What happens is when you dock you will get a new AI (voice pack) join you on board.
    So i made a little video to test it

I also made the same profile switcher into a random mode. Nice for exploring

Commanding a starship is your first, best, destiny. Anything else is a waste of material

Yep, random profile switching can be fun and interesting... until it switches mid combat

Have had that happen with my version, of course my version also uses variable time for the switching as well so even predicting WHEN it is going to happen is futile.
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      Yep, random profile switching can be fun and interesting... until it switches mid combat

Have had that happen with my version, of course my version also uses variable time for the switching as well so even predicting WHEN it is going to happen is futile.
      Well i have a variable switching that i can (originally built it for) put in place of the 'beta profile switch' included in the packs. Using the 'Use commands from other profile' function.
      But then once i had that working i decided it would be pretty cool and more realizing to have a new AI come on board while docked.
      So i did some changed and now every time i dock i get a new crew member joining me.
      So really its fine i dont have to worry about them randomly jumping in mid battle.
      But i am also going to work on the same principle but 'battle mode' which will have a random AI take over before deploying weapons and then another switch when i retract weapons.

The random timed switcher i will use when i decide to go back exploring. As theres less docking involved then.

It all makes it more fun when you have alot of the packs, i dont have to decide who i want with me each time i play. And also means i get to use them all more often
      Now i just need VERITY and Kate to be released lol
      Commanding a starship is your first, best, destiny. Anything else is a waste of material

Comment

welcome to the world of customisation

Just curious, but what are you using as the trigger for switching the profiles? It is when you turn the engines off or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          welcome to the world of customisation

Just curious, but what are you using as the trigger for switching the profiles? It is when you turn the engines off or something else?
          Added a trigger into the "request docking" command with a timer at 90 seconds. Which seems to be the average time of requesting docking - finding landing pad - entering hanger - hand in bountys/missions etc - "Hey Dude" (Leo)

Comment

Originally posted by Nollywood View Post

Well i have a variable switching that i can (originally built it for) put in place of the 'beta profile switch' included in the packs. Using the 'Use commands from other profile' function.
            But then once i had that working i decided it would be pretty cool and more realizing to have a new AI come on board while docked.
            So i did some changed and now every time i dock i get a new crew member joining me.
            So really its fine i dont have to worry about them randomly jumping in mid battle.
            But i am also going to work on the same principle but 'battle mode' which will have a random AI take over before deploying weapons and then another switch when i retract weapons.

The random timed switcher i will use when i decide to go back exploring. As theres less docking involved then.

It all makes it more fun when you have alot of the packs, i dont have to decide who i want with me each time i play. And also means i get to use them all more often
            Now i just need VERITY and Kate to be released lol

Can you please share how you do this?

Comment

Can you please share how you do this?

Yes Please!

Comment

Im working on one for release.
                I want to make it as easy and bug free as possible because if like me you have 10+ packs you want it to be trouble free.
                Im looking at a new year release for it, it will most likey still be a little buggy and take some time to set up. But you should only have to set it up once per pack.profile.

Comment

• badbud65
                  badbud65 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know it's only 6 January, but it is the new year Any news, I'm able to help test it, I have 12 packs.
                  Last edited by badbud65; 01-08-2016, 01:16 PM.

I want to make it as easy and bug free as possible because if like me you have 10+ packs you want it to be trouble free.
                Im looking at a new year release for it, it will most likey still be a little buggy and take some time to set up. But you should only have to set it up once per pack.profile.
                That sounds good, I've created a quick profile change command, that randomly selects a profile when I say stuff like 'change profile;new character;next profile' But as with all random commands you can easily get the same profile three times on the trot. Still it does add some randomness to which profile I get.

I have as of today, 12 profiles

Comment

Originally posted by badbud65 View Post

That sounds good, I've created a quick profile change command, that randomly selects a profile when I say stuff like 'change profile;new character;next profile' But as with all random commands you can easily get the same profile three times on the trot. Still it does add some randomness to which profile I get.

I have as of today, 12 profiles
                  Random is Random. There is a method around it (in theory that is), but it requires a lot more variable setting and comparing (ie if ProfileNumber = 1 <do profile choosing>, If ProfileNumber=2 <do slightly different profile choosing).

To be fair though, the more profiles you have, the less likely you are to have them occuring again and again. It is just that we (as humans) are good at spotting patterns in "randomness", even if the pattern is not actually there.

So to do "pseudo random" basically requires a doctored picking list instead.

Comment

Oh WoW!! This will be too cool. Thanks in advance. Have a very happy Holiday and a safe and wonderful New Year!!!

JB

Comment

Any news on progress with Random Profile Switching, I'm able to help test it, I have 12 packs.

Comment

Originally posted by badbud65 View Post
                        Any news on progress with Random Profile Switching, I'm able to help test it, I have 12 packs.
                        We are working on some new profiles. So that will also make it easier for me to release the switcher also
                        I will keep you in mind though as it would be good to get somone to test it for me.

Comment

Jolly good, I can't wait for the 2.0 profiles.

Comment

Working...
                          X