X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDDI 2 and Voiceattack profiles.

I've shared by EDDI and Voice Attack profiles here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvdeGxeoyTRTgph_JGe8A19b4JjawA

I use the Verity HCS voice pack. I use Voice attack to send all of my key presses to ED. I have setup the voice attack profile to respond to joystick presses as well as voice prompts.

In voice attack I call EDDI Speech responders to read out information.

Here is a you tube video of some of what I had setup in EDDI 1 and voice attack. I've got just about all of this working in EDDI 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCKQYP8lNZs

I had problems with EDDI voice attack variables not getting set in EDDI 2, so I recreated many of the orginal scripts in the EDDI voice responder.

New to all this and watching your video it looks and sounds fascinating...

But what is EDDI ?
    What does it do,...?
    Whats it for ..........?

Comment

ED Forum post for the software

Its a nice addition and even if you don't use Voice Attack, adds something extra to Elite
      1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
      2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
      3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
      4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
      WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Oh I use Voice Attack, no way I could not use your voice packs otherwise I dont think. I not familiar with this other App though and it intrigues me.

The voice packs do not use anything but VoiceAttack though right ?

Comment

No they don't, although we are likely to add in some EDDI functionality at some point
          1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
          2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
          3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
          4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
          WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Thats great to hear Gangrel , anything that fleshes out the atmosphere and fun factor of voice communication is a plus.

Comment

one of our profiles can use EDDI.....guess which one
              The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThingIs View Post
                one of our profiles can use EDDI.....guess which one
                Ah pants, TheThingIs, would that be Verity? I just bought Astra.

Comment

no Chuck, it's the multi-crew profile lol! Amazingly it comes with Astra so that should make you happy

ps. u don't need multiple packs, it works with just one as well

Comment

Is this for EDDI 1 or 2? Did you modify the Astra profile in it's entirety or just added in additional commands specifically for EDDI, and if so would it be possible to link/upload the EDDI specific part by itself (assuming the Astra profile wasn't completely overhauled)?
                    Last edited by AuGuR; 31 January 2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

it is a modified version of Astra but you couldn't import it into Astra's profile. You can use it with just Astra on her own if you wish and eddi v2. Or if you prefer you can use Astra with our plugin and eddi as well. You just need to turn off the voiceattack integration within eddi.

Comment

Have Astra as well as some others(multi-crew), and have been using EDDI 2.10 along with them. If using the multi-crew, I'm guessing I don't have to import the EDDI profile as well since the basic integration is already there. Was more than less wondering if the linked profile added to the existing EDDI part of the profile (more commands/interaction) using the TXT_ related variables that EDDI "allows.

Also, if using multi-crew, should I have VA integration on or off?

Comment

Multi-Crew has eddi integrated so no you don't have to import the eddi profile. It doesn't use our journal plugin as it was written before we had it so you need eddi to have va integration switched on. That will change though at some point soon. What I use from eddi is any information that is provided by the journal. I don't use eddi's implementation of the Frontier api because not everybody has access to it. I have plans to change that at some point too though with the ability to turn on/off that part if you don't have the access.

Comment

Working...
                          X