Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I missing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What am I missing?

    Have latest VA installed. Own a dozen different voice packs. Installed them, one at a time. None except Event Horizon SC appears for SC.. I have about 8 others though, each showing an entry for other games I did not install. For example, Havoc for FPS, Unity for NMS, etc. But none of the packs I installed for SC appear in the drop down list at all. So either something is badly broken, or I am missing something... and yes the HCS tools are installed as well.

  • #2
    The profiles are done on a game itself, and not on a "per pack" basis.

    So, if you have ASTRA / EDEN / Alix / Eli as voicepacks, then you will not have 4 different profiles installed for each voicepack / game combination (because that would lead up to about 100+ potential profiles that would have to be imported at one point or another).

    Instead, we release the profiles on a *per game* basis, and whilst the installer does install / import profiles for games that you might not own, the profile will pick up the "valid packs" for that profile.

    The SC profile will detect all the packs that you bought and installed for Star Citizen, the NMS profile will detect what packs you installed for that game and so on.

    Doing profiles on a *per voicepack* basis is hugely time consuming (as in: any fix for *one* "voicepack" profile would have to be checked against *every single other voicepack profile for that game*)

    We moved from the "specific profile per voicepack per game" several years ago, to the "single profile per game" level, as that would also let us do other things (such as multiple active packs at the same time, without having to craft *specific combination* profiles for them)

    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      The profiles are done on a game itself, and not on a "per pack" basis.

      So, if you have ASTRA / EDEN / Alix / Eli as voicepacks, then you will not have 4 different profiles installed for each voicepack / game combination (because that would lead up to about 100+ potential profiles that would have to be imported at one point or another).

      Instead, we release the profiles on a *per game* basis, and whilst the installer does install / import profiles for games that you might not own, the profile will pick up the "valid packs" for that profile.

      The SC profile will detect all the packs that you bought and installed for Star Citizen, the NMS profile will detect what packs you installed for that game and so on.

      Doing profiles on a *per voicepack* basis is hugely time consuming (as in: any fix for *one* "voicepack" profile would have to be checked against *every single other voicepack profile for that game*)

      We moved from the "specific profile per voicepack per game" several years ago, to the "single profile per game" level, as that would also let us do other things (such as multiple active packs at the same time, without having to craft *specific combination* profiles for them)
      Hi, thanks for the response. So how do I tell it to use a specific voice pack then? All I am able to get it to do is respond via Alix in everything I try.

      Comment


      • #4
        You can use the "The Stations" section in the HCS Customiser (To access the customiser, you can say "Protocol override customise my settings" or press LeftAlt+LeftShift+LeftCtrl+Enter)

        Or you can use spoken command:

        say "Crew Command Roster"
        (wait for whistle)
        "Crewman <Name>" (pause) "You are <Role>" (You can also say "Crewman <Name> Take all stations" for them to take all the roles in one go
        (repeat as needed)
        "That is all"
        Page 3 of Event Horizon manual covers this as well

        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
          You can use the "The Stations" section in the HCS Customiser (To access the customiser, you can say "Protocol override customise my settings" or press LeftAlt+LeftShift+LeftCtrl+Enter)

          Or you can use spoken command:

          say "Crew Command Roster"
          (wait for whistle)
          "Crewman <Name>" (pause) "You are <Role>" (You can also say "Crewman <Name> Take all stations" for them to take all the roles in one go
          (repeat as needed)
          "That is all"
          Page 3 of Event Horizon manual covers this as well
          ugh.. ok I will work on that... Too bad someone does not make a tool that can 'read' all the positions and all your available voices and you can just drag and drop or select which voice and command you want to use for each one... I.E. I look up the command for Star Citizen for "raise gear" and then select which voice to use or even replace the default phrase with something else if I want.

          Comment


          • #6
            ugh.. ok I will work on that... Too bad someone does not make a tool that can 'read' all the positions and all your available voices and you can just drag and drop or select which voice and command you want to use for each one
            I have good news for you, "The Stations" UI part will be the closest that you can get with that, as we split the commands into their main categories (Number 1, Operations, Helm, Tactical, Engineering, Science)

            Now, on top of that, if you want a *specific* crew member to do a specific command, you can prefix the command with "Crewman <name>", and that will get them to do it instead of the "baseline" version.

            When you say " even replace the default phrase with something else if I want." are you wanting to change the *trigger* phrase? If so, then that is entirely what the Voice Trigger Editor is for.

            If you are trying to say "I want to change what the voicepack *says* in response", then we use sound buckets. These are folders which contain the sound file (and for the *most* part, they will tend to play from the files *at random* in that folder. I say "most part" because for things like the knowledge base, then these are hard coded so a *specific file will play*

            If you press LCTRL+LALT+LSHIFT+’=’ when VA is focused then this will show you the folder location for each sound file as it gets played. This will give you an idea of where the files are meant to be placed *for that specific* command.

            Could we make it on an even *finer* level? Yes we could. It would require a profile rewrite and new UI rewrite though, and I have no idea if we plan to go down that path in the future. For the moment though I can safely say that it is NOT in the pipeline.

            1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
            2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
            3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
            4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
            WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gangrel View Post

              I have good news for you, "The Stations" UI part will be the closest that you can get with that, as we split the commands into their main categories (Number 1, Operations, Helm, Tactical, Engineering, Science)

              Now, on top of that, if you want a *specific* crew member to do a specific command, you can prefix the command with "Crewman <name>", and that will get them to do it instead of the "baseline" version.

              When you say " even replace the default phrase with something else if I want." are you wanting to change the *trigger* phrase? If so, then that is entirely what the Voice Trigger Editor is for.

              If you are trying to say "I want to change what the voicepack *says* in response", then we use sound buckets. These are folders which contain the sound file (and for the *most* part, they will tend to play from the files *at random* in that folder. I say "most part" because for things like the knowledge base, then these are hard coded so a *specific file will play*

              If you press LCTRL+LALT+LSHIFT+’=’ when VA is focused then this will show you the folder location for each sound file as it gets played. This will give you an idea of where the files are meant to be placed *for that specific* command.

              Could we make it on an even *finer* level? Yes we could. It would require a profile rewrite and new UI rewrite though, and I have no idea if we plan to go down that path in the future. For the moment though I can safely say that it is NOT in the pipeline.
              Nice to hear and I look forward to trying it out when ready! Being that it would be a major upgrade to do something like I mentioned, maybe that's the next generation, the future of the product. I would buy it.. I prefer things that are common sense in use where you can easily update or change things on the fly if you have to and a good GUI that even a newbie buyer can figure out, is a must these days. Something to consider for sure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Malakie View Post

                Nice to hear and I look forward to trying it out when ready!
                The Stations part of the HCS Customiser is already present.

                The voice trigger editor of the HCS Customiser is already present.

                To access the customiser, you can say "Protocol override customise my settings" or press LeftAlt+LeftShift+LeftCtrl+Enter

                Being that it would be a major upgrade to do something like I mentioned, maybe that's the next generation, the future of the product. I would buy it.. I prefer things that are common sense in use where you can easily update or change things on the fly if you have to and a good GUI that even a newbie buyer can figure out, is a must these days. Something to consider for sure.
                What I was referring to was the "changing of the responses" part, as part of a UI (ie changing the sound file that gets played for when a command is given) That part is *not* in the HCS Customiser, I am not sure if we will ever update to take this into consideration, but I know that *nothing* like that is planned in the near future.
                1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
                2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
                3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
                4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
                WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

                Comment

                Working...
                X