Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Attack not communicating/working with SC

OK, I'm stumped,
    I have installed and registered Voice Attack and also installed the Eden pack. Followed all instructions to the letter, running VA as admin etc. but VA and SC don't seem to be communicating at all. I never hear Eden and my voice commands don't produce any results but if I tab out of SC, I can see in the VA window where it is picking up my words.

I've watched some videos too and there is reference to going into SC options and key bindings and setting a keyboard profile called "advanced key bindings" but I don't have that option available in my list. Could that be it? Something else? This has frustrated me all day now.

1) For not hearing the crew member for any commands

Make sure that you have your audio output type set to Integrated Components in the VA settings (Audio tab)

Also you may have to assign Eden to their role (this is a rare bug that we are tracking down as to WHY it isn't setting correctly on start up).

Open the HCS Customiser (To access the customiser, you can say "Protocol override customise my settings" or press LeftAlt+LeftShift+LeftCtrl+Enter)
    Click "Stations"
    Assign there.

2) For the controls:

1) How to export your SC control scheme: https://support.robertsspaceindustri...ustom-profiles
    2) Open the HCS Customiser (To access the customiser, you can say "Protocol override customise my settings" or press LeftAlt+LeftShift+LeftCtrl+Enter)
    3) Click "keyboard control"
    4) Make sure that the path shown in the box is correct (correct it if needed)
    5) If it is, then you should be able to select the exported control scheme from the drop down box

((you MAY have to restart VA / Swap profiles in VA after you have done this for the change to be fully picked up))
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Eden is assigned to all stations. Audio set to Integrated components. Still no interaction between the two programs that I can see. Do I have to export an SC control scheme? The path that appears in the box now has my HOTAS and pedals binds in it and I haven't exported anything. I'm lost here as to what I'm supposed to be doing. I thought VA equipped with HCS had it's own keybind profile that it would load into the SC game and then I could select it. Totally confused.

Comment

The video that you are referencing from your OP was most likely out of date, although that is to be expected with the changes that the game has undergone in it still development stage (They themselves state that the game is still "Alpha") As far as I am aware, they removed the "Advanced keyboard" control scheme, i know that we *referenced that* in the past, but with videos from the past things are subject to change from then and now.

You *have* to export your control scheme, especially if you have customised the keyboard assignments, so that we know what buttons to press.

If you have done this and still *nothing* happens when you give a command (ie you get an audio response by no in game action), then it could be one of a few things.

1) Star Citizen is running with admin permissions, but voice attack is running with *non elevated* permissions. This is part of the windows security model, to prevent malicious non elevated apps from controlling software that they *should not* in the slightest have access to. Restart Star Citizen and run it without admin permissions.

You *could* run Voice Attack with admin permissions, but *generally speaking* this is against best practices.

*NOTE* I am fully aware of some software elevating itself to install itself / update itself and so on. Typically if the software *relaunches* after an update, and you had to elevate / give permission for it to do so, then the *newly* launched version will launch with Admin permissions itself. What I do in this case is just fully shut down the software, and manually launch it so that it doesn't have admin permissions (Unless you have customised the shortcut / .exe properties to launch as admin / ticked an option in the software)

2) The commands that you are giving have no keyboard press associated with them. Our profile requires you to have keyboard presses associated with them, so that we can actually *press* something to trigger it in game. If this is the case, then there will be a message in the VA log window saying that the command doesn't have a keybind associated with it.

Fix this in game, and then re-export your control scheme.

Ironically, whilst we *could* supply a "keybind profile" for you to select in game, we would *still* require you to do the steps (at least steps 2-5 that I listed in the previous post),

However, the control scheme format from Star Citizen is very bad in general, in that it only shows *changes* from the "stock" control scheme and is not *everything* that is bound in your control scheme (so whilst we know what the "stock" bindings are, we have no idea if you have made any changes to your control scheme *until* you have exported it).

Comment

I finally understand now. I was seeing my .xml profile for my HOTAS and pedals in the box because it's in my mappings file already. I exported a keyboard file and selected it and saved it and VA picked it up and recognized it. I heard Eve respond to a command in game so I'm on the right track and now just need to understand what the phrasing of the commands should be. Is there a list of the standard commands somewhere?

Comment

We have the manual (which covers the basics) in the HCS Customiser. There is the voice trigger editor in the HCS Customiser (if you want to change any commands / triggers), and then there are the cheat sheets / quick reference poster available at https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/pages/posters

Comment

OK, thank you so much for all of your help. I was pretty lost there for a bit!

Comment

Working...
              X