Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi gangrel, i asked you a simple question in another thread and you were very kind to answer promptly so, further exploration lead me here and... i now know i'm doing my customisation wrong! i'm in a dire situation, if you have time i'll try to explain...
    i'm an italian user, this mean i've got the italian edition of Win10; this mean too that by default i have no voice activation (microsoft never bothered with it in my mother tongue).
    with a few research though i've been able to add the english voice pack to my OS which contains the necessary voice recognition used by voice attack BUT, and that's a very big but, being it not native i have no way to train it to understand my sadly very accented english... this mean too that i can't talk to VA to activate it's commands
    no chat with Celeste for me!
    what few people knows though it's that with two language packs living together on a OS the english one CAN recognize ITALIAN language, it does! i can tell an italian sentence to VA and it understands the exact words i'm saying... so i used a now discontinued KICS profile and completely rewrote it's voice triggers to accomodate to my needs. sadly this profile it's now discontinued and it never has been as complex and funny as HCS' ones.
    having read that i could customize the singularity voice triggers i decided i could give it a try and started to do exactly that: add my own voice triggers to existing ones, thought it would have been fun to talk in italian to my ship and hear it answering in a french accented english but... if you tell me that those customisaton will be lost at the next pack's update and the only way to not loose said customisation is to create my own voice triggers in a separate profile, and knowing that i would like to use all of the HCS options in this way, it means too that i have, basically, to completely rewrite the whole profile and that's a thing i'm not ready to do yet, as you can imagine...
    any chance in the future you're going to consider a different and more efficient way to do it? what's the use in a customise window if those custom things get lost every time you update the profile?

Comment

customisations to the settings and voice triggers will not be lost between updates, as long as you use the backup settings option before updating
      The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

• mrmauz
        mrmauz commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good news indeed, I was lead to believe otherwise by reading at the first part of this thread! Glad I was wrong though, will try and look for those backup options you're talking about

P.s. thanks a lot
        Last edited by mrmauz; 10 April 2019, 01:18 PM.

Was this modification procedure still valid or should it be done only with previous packages? Excuse the question but I didn't understand if with the last update this is or not possible.

Questa procedura di modifica è ancora valida o andava fatta solo con i pacchetti precedenti? Scusa la domanda ma non ho capito se con l'ultimo aggiornamento questo sia o no possibile.
      Grazie

Comment

This method is still valid, although with the voice trigger editor, if all you are doing is changing the "when I say" part of the command, you just need to use the voice trigger editor in the customiser. To access the customiser, you can say "Protocol override customise my settings" or press LeftAlt+LeftShift+LeftCtrl+Enter
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Well, too bad this guide doesn't work anymore. I don't get why we aren't allowed to just edit our hcs packs. This was a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis1891 View Post
            Well, too bad this guide doesn't work anymore. I don't get why we aren't allowed to just edit our hcs packs. This was a waste of money.
            This guide does still work. The packs are uneditable, because with the auto update facility, due to how Voice Attack does it, it *erases* any customisations that you have already made.

Whilst going this route just for voice trigger editing is overkill, we do have the voice trigger editor, which will keep the changes through profile updates.

This route (creating of commands and linking of profiles) is more for "making your own commands and then making sure that our profile updates don't erase them".

Side note: We got FAR FAR FAR more complaints from people losing their home made commands or even getting annoyed with always having to import their commands per update, that this method was documented (although the linking of profiles itself came back in 2015 for VA)

Comment

Thank you for this guide

I think I'm better off just getting used to conventional phrasing.

Comment

I have the Thrustmaster MFDs and I'm trying to get them to use HCS commands like 'landing gear down' and 'landing gear up' which evidently check the state of said condition before executing. I've tried following these directions and either I'm missing something or this method doesn't work for something like that.

Comment

How are the buttons in the MFD assigned? Do they appear as joystick buttons or just as a keyboard press / combination?

You would have to make a command in the additional profile so that the "When I press" button/keyboard combination (depends on how the MFD is set up) triggers a command such as "Deploy landing gear" (or just "Landing gear" for the toggle version as an example)

Comment

Just got the whole nine yards re-installed. I created new profile but now, I would very much like to find it on my disk. Where are the new profiles saved?

Comment

Originally posted by CmdrKantosKan View Post
                      Just got the whole nine yards re-installed. I created new profile but now, I would very much like to find it on my disk. Where are the new profiles saved?
                      You have to export the profile from within Voice Attack for a file to be generated.

Comment

Working...
                      X