Please update your Help Topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please update your Help Topics

All of these help topics are not current. Please update them to the the latest for those of us that are not computer savvy...:-)

Thank you7

they look current to me, what's up with them?
    The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

Look here, None of this apply s any longer...

http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...he-correct-way

Comment

Actually, it still applies; You still install the plugin (now called HCS TOOLS, instead of hcsplugins) into the VoiceAttack\Apps\ directory, you still install the packs to the VoiceAttack\Sounds\ directory, and you still have to uninstall to update the packs manually. The only thing that's really changed is that you can start an automated update (or upgrade if you like) from within the Customiser. It's all still the same, just slightly different wording on one part of it.

Comment

• Cmdr Galyock
          Cmdr Galyock commented
          Editing a comment
          Automated update? Really? Because when I finally got an update notice (after troubleshooting why I wasn't getting one), all I saw was a list of which installed voice packs needed an update, with 3 buttons: OK, Changelog, and "Download HCS Tools", and the latter only took me to the store page to do just that. There was nothing automated about any of it -- I still had to refer to my receipt download links, manually download, manually uninstall and manually reinstall every pack that required the update. If yours was automatic, I feel.... less special. (For reference, my update window looked something similar to this: http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/filed...7&d=1545820971

Well, no, my last update wasn't automatic; my last update was before they fixed the bug that caused the HCS Tools update to crap itself when you tried to download the update. And truth be told, I was kind of assuming that you could update everything right from the Customiser with the press of a button. For now at least, that doesn't seem the case, so I apologize for that statement. My point was, even though the naming is slightly different, the process remains exactly the same as it did.

Comment

automated updates are coming, we're easing you all into it (in other words it's not quite ready yet)
          The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Comment

ChozoSR388 thanks for clarifying that! (I'd been troubleshooting an update issue so I wanted to make sure I had things fixed and it sounds like I do -- knock on wood)

TheThingIs I look forward to that happening (now that I have my "it's not prompting me to update!" issue fixed). I'm hoping that at some point the auto-update will be smart enough to offer an option to do either incremental fixes or nuking the entire installation with a full wipe. E.g., if you moved 20 sound files and added a folder for a voice pack, give the option of just making those changes and downloading / moving just those files OR re-download all ~400 MB of data and uninstall/reinstall each pack with every update. (Mostly care about this because of the time savings it would provide when updating 20+ voice packs with a limited number of changes.)

Comment

Working...
            X