Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verity HCS and EDDI?

Hello Commanders,

I purchased Astra back in May 2015 and Verity in March 2016, to use alongside the ED Verity COVAS.

I haven't had a mic for years so I'm well out of the loop, but I've finally ordered one so that's being sorted.

For years, I've just been using Win TTS for space traffic with the Elite G19s app. Recently, I'd seen about the EDDI app so wondered if I can rejuvenate HCS to work with EDDI and COVAS...

I've trawled online and seen some old threads saying EDDI can't use HCS packs as it uses TTS instead, but then I've also seen some mentions of a singularity profile and getting Astra / Verity / others working with that.

Sorry, I'm lost with what I can do. Can anyone please help with any info on:
    1) If the HCS Singularity profile is needed?
    2) If it can work with just Verity, without Astra or Multicrew?
    3) If HCS works with EDDI to save having more than one type of voice type per application?
    4) If Verity doesn't work but Astra can, any suggestions which TTS best sounds like Astra?
    5) Could I disable ED COVAS and have all those voice responses done better through HCS packs and EDDI (without TTS) for Verity?

I'd greatly appreciate any help you can share. Fly safe Commanders.

CMDR Evolution

There is nothing stopping you from using EDDI with the Singularity profile, however I will note that depending what you have EDDI set to give feedback on,you will end up with voice overlaps (one from the Voice Pack, one from the COVAS, another from EDDI), so its generally personal preference as to what you have disabled in the COVAS audio menu in the game audio settings, and what you have EDDI give feedback on

But there is no *EDDI using HCS voices* or *HCS using TTS* for audio feedback
    1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
    2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
    3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
    4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
    WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post
      There is nothing stopping you from using EDDI with the Singularity profile, however I will note that depending what you have EDDI set to give feedback on,you will end up with voice overlaps (one from the Voice Pack, one from the COVAS, another from EDDI), so its generally personal preference as to what you have disabled in the COVAS audio menu in the game audio settings, and what you have EDDI give feedback on

But there is no *EDDI using HCS voices* or *HCS using TTS* for audio feedback
      Thanks for the info. From what you mentioned, it seems like I'd be best to select specific features EDDI, if at all. Considering I'd need to have at least two different voices - with Verity for ED and HCS, then a TTS profile for certain EDDI features.

This was one of the threads I saw from a few years ago and thought some EDDI features might work. Sorry, have I misunderstood?
      http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...ttack-profiles

Comment

Originally posted by CMDR Evolution View Post

Thanks for the info. From what you mentioned, it seems like I'd be best to select specific features EDDI, if at all. Considering I'd need to have at least two different voices - with Verity for ED and HCS, then a TTS profile for certain EDDI features.

This was one of the threads I saw from a few years ago and thought some EDDI features might work. Sorry, have I misunderstood?
        http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...ttack-profiles
        That was with the old multi crew profile which was player made and additional to ASTRA. However, since then we have migrated over to Singularity profile, which whilst it doesn't have EDDI integration, it *does* have the ability to multi role (instead of just 3 "hard coded" crew members, it has 6 roles which you can then assign people to)
        1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
        2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
        3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
        4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
        WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel View Post

That was with the old multi crew profile which was player made and additional to ASTRA. However, since then we have migrated over to Singularity profile, which whilst it doesn't have EDDI integration, it *does* have the ability to multi role (instead of just 3 "hard coded" crew members, it has 6 roles which you can then assign people to)
          Ah okay! Thanks a lot Gangrel. Sorry for my stupid questions lol.

All the best, Evo

Comment

Working...
          X